5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published 14 months ago by Self-help junkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Few interesting combos but rest... not so much.
Published 1 month ago by S. Nigam

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 15 Oct 2013
Self-help junkie (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Really enticing and inspiring book - just what I've come to expect from HFW. I find his books are generous in that each recipe has variations so that you are encouraged to experiment with slight variations to the main recipe - by the time you add all the variations up, you're probably looking at over 200 recipes! Wow. Made the Apple Snow at the weekend: mmm - yummy way to use up some of this year's bumper apple crop! But I defy anyone to open this book at random and not feel like immediately heading for the kitchen and starting to cook! The cake recipes look wonderful - plan to try one of those this weekend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome and inspiring, 15 Oct 2013
Helen (Altrincham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Another handsome book from HFW containing an inspirational mixture of intriguing foreign influences and quirky modern ideas as well as a few British classic recipes. This will definitely help me get more varied use out of fruits in future and I shall especially enjoy trying out the salad and meat combinations.

Compliments to Bloomsbury on the design except for one complaint that the introduction is almost unreadable because of the very poor contrast between black print and shiny fuschia pink paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fruity wonder!, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Excellent book, full of unusual, tasty recipes with complex, beautiful flavours - straight forward to make, which I particularly like. The book itself is bright and colourful, with great photos and good general information about fruit.

5.0 out of 5 stars River cottage fruit every day, 17 Nov 2013
Kathy Miles "Send2Mendbears" (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Really good way to help get your 5 a day an delicious. ..always admire the way Hugh. ....leaves nothing to waste.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrying on where 'Veg' left off..................., 3 Oct 2013
IOWBOY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
I'm a big fan of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and River Cottage and have purchased most of the books and DVD's to date; the books in particular are consistently good, and for me what sets them apart from many on the market is the amount of unique (and sometimes unusual) flavour combinations.

This new book, 'River Cottage Fruit everyday' is no different.

I purchased the accompanying volume River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day) on its release hoping that it would inspire me to have more of an open mind towards vegetables and encourage me to experiment, this it most definitely did.

I have purchased this new volume with the same intention; I love the taste of fruit and want to eat more, but have always struggled with eating it, often the texture itself putting me off (I know, I'm weird).

This book has a huge amount of recipes, both sweet and savoury, that combine all manner of fruits and some of the combinations are inspired.

As with all the River Cottage books it is beautifully presented; 416 pages, filled with very attractive photography and also bright and colourful graphics.

There are a number of main sections:

1. Summer berries & currants
8. Tropical favourites
9. Citrus fruit
10. Dried fruit
11. Uncommon fruit

Each of these sections has an introduction concerning the fruit; there is also a directory included that lists related websites and businesses.

Each recipe is very easy to follow; clear instructions and a photograph accompanying every one.

I have to admit that the book has inspired me so far and I have made(in the week that I have owned it) the Raspberry ripple chocolate ice cream, Chicken, leek and plum pie and the Potato lemon drizzle cake.

The main intention of this book is to encourage the reader to use more fruit in our daily life's and also to take some risks and be open to new ideas, I have to admit that so far it has achieved this with me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Few interesting combos but rest... not so much., 29 Oct 2014
S. Nigam (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
I am huge fan of incorporating fruit into my main courses and starters and this book disappoints me in the sense that a lot of the recipes are fruity dessert recipes. I think most of the cooks (or keen to cook) people will be able to find inspiration to make fruit desserts from just watching tv or googling stuff and what I was looking for was the imagination to get the fruit into main courses but there are just a handful of recipes in the book doing that. There are some interesting combos such as apple and tarragon salad and kiwi and squid (which I tried and came out very well), onions and plums (which also came out well) but again, a lot of the remaining combos are predictable apple and pork, sultanas and chicken type things which again, isn't great. The book is very heavy and bulky therefore takes a lot of my shelf space - this can be great in a big house but my tiny London flat - not so much :(

All in all, it is a decent book, and hats off to Hugh for thinking about the idea of Fruit in food, which some of us love. No other author has done anything in this area, but the book needed a lot more imagination and again, needed to steer clear of desserts to offer something different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the best from River Cottage, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Not just puddings, Fruit Everyday gives many lovely savoury dishes too using fruit. Inspirational as ever from Hugh Fearnley Wittingstall.

4.0 out of 5 stars River Cottage, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Interesting recipes which are easy to prepare. Have tried some already & they taste very good
Pity the book was not out earlier in the season when the fruit was available. Will have to put it away until next year before I can really use it

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 7 Dec 2014
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Another amazing Amazon price prompted me to get this book, a companion to the Veg Every Day I already have.. I was very slightly disappointed to find the book spread the 'fruit' element across many savoury recipes as well when I had anticipated I would be getting hundreds of new ideas for fruit dishes, desserts etc. However on balance this is probably not a bad thing and there are the usual collection of excellent recipes. The book is full of good ideas for fruit combinations both sweet and savoury and there are some inspiring suggestions which have already been put to good use. The book is concise, clear and well presented and I would definitely recommend it as I would its companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruity flavours, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: River Cottage Fruit Every Day! (Hardcover)
Should you wish to use fruit but in a different way this is the book. He ideas on fruit shows how to use it in such as salads, pizza and unusual combinations with other ingredients. I like Hugh's books as there are no hard and fast rules in his recipes. He always gives an alternative to try, and substitutes if nec. A good one for the cook's bookshelf.

River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
River Cottage Fruit Every Day! by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (Hardcover - 10 Oct 2013)