Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 December 2012
At this moment in time, this book is the last book you will need on the subject of Moroccan cooking. The author has taken me on a journey from my flat in London to the souks, medinas, villages towns and cities in Morocco. The book is well illustrated, detailed without being complicated and a joy to read. I have a few on Moroccan cuisine, but this beats all of them hands down and if you are to buy one cook book on the subject..this is the one.
on 29 December 2012
My daughter bought me this book for Christmas and it was 100 times better than I ever imagined.
It is a wonderful book full of details about the different regions, cuisines, spices and dishes of Morocco.
It is beautifully written and evokes a picture in your mind of how the dishes are prepared in Morocco and offers suggestions for how to obtain genuine quality ingredients and also possible alternatives if the original items are not obtainable.
The recipes themselves are the "icing on the cake" and only make me want to visit this fascinating country to explore further.
Worth every penny!
on 24 July 2014
Having been to Morocco, I wanted a recipe book that would help me to recreate authentic dishes. After checking out a few other books I bought this one and am so glad that I did. I have tried quite a few of the recipes and everything has been delicious. Another reviewer felt that they had to but in too much time and effort when cooking the dishes but personally I have never found that to be the case with anything apart from the pastillas. The preparation is definitely worth it with the latter anyway, they are divine!

I totally recommend this book to anyone who likes Moroccan food, or adventurous cooks who want to find out more about the country and its cuisine. The only problem I have with the book is there are so many delicious looking recipes that I find difficult to decide which to try next!
on 15 January 2013
The author is American and the style is presumably also American - it is certainly not like any of the very many British-written cookery books here. Fortunately, the recipes have quantities in spoon measures and metric, rather than the usual cup measures used in the US.
A huge book, a little over 1kg (2.2lb), it is loaded with photographs of Morocco and its foods, various quotations etc., plus the recipes.
I have skimmed through it so far - no cooking as yet - and it does call for at least some ingredients that are tricky to source in the UK - dried rose buds and Medjool dates (the latter not so very difficult to find around Eid), or VERY tricky - argan oil (available at a substantial price via Amazon), for instance. There is also a pet hate of mine that is perhaps commonplace in the US (and in many UK Asian stores, unfortunately) - 2 kinds of cinnamon are mentioned and called for - Ceylon and cassia. Sorry, but cinnamon is cinnamon, cassia is cassia - they are not even remotely similar in taste (or appearance, unless ground), though both are bark from trees, which are botanically related.
Like many recipes from the Middle East, they are mostly simple and uncomplicated when committed to text - the art, no doubt, lies very much in the details of the choice, preparation, and cooking of the mostly rather few ingredients.
on 27 February 2013
You need the right equiptment (tagine for example)

Beautiful photography and wonderful little stories of her travels round Morocco

DELICIOUS FOOD
on 10 April 2013
It is very thorough and the recipes can be adjusted and varied. Plenty of space in the margins to write observations and notes as each recipe is trialled. Great bits of history and insight into culinary and cultural aspects of Moroccan life style. Ignore the wingeing of it being a heavy book - what would you expect from a complete guide almost?
on 13 March 2013
I just love this book. To begin with I was not sure what I had bought as I was not expecting narrative in a cook book. However it make for a great adventure and I am enjoying trying out these delicious recipes. The book is a great discovery and fun to share with friends.
on 14 April 2013
A beautifully presented book with some amazing recipes that are achievable at home. Some ingredients are difficult to source but generally available online.
on 12 February 2013
Beautifully illustrated and loads of recipes both simple and complex. A must for the keen Moroccan chef with or without a tagine.
on 8 September 2012
I love cooking and have a range of cookbooks that I use. However, I must say that this book is not only brilliant in the variety of recipes that are on show but the pictures are also stunning. It just makes you want to get into the kitchen and start cooking, or if you're like me, want to move to Morocco!!