4.0 out of 5 stars a real walk down Jamaica's memory lane
Published 16 months ago by Shirley

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.
Published 18 months ago by K WHELAN

4.0 out of 5 stars a real walk down Jamaica's memory lane, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gloria (Kindle Edition)
A heart felt chronicle of life in Jamaica in the 1930s to 60s. A story that has so many twists and turns that the reader cannot fail to be transported back in time. Distressing yet amusing in a nostalgic way I couldn't put it down. I have the next Kerry Young book lined up to start reading tomorrow. I have learned so much background information about a county I love, despite all it's trials and tribulations. S Osbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars An intersting read, 11 July 2013
Ms. Janet Haines "janet haines" (Bridport, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloria (Kindle Edition)
I found the way of writing in idiom a little difficult to start with but soon got into the swing. Great and believable story where you felt you really got to understand the individuals and their way of life. Well written and the story carries you along at a good pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Pao and Gloria was equally as breathtaking....., 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
Fantastic follow up to Pao charting Gloria's version of the relationship between her and Pao...another fantastic brilliantly written book by Kerry Young a remarkably talented writer...

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than pao, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
This was very easy to read and kept going at a good pace. I enjoyed getting to know Gloria and am looking forward to number 3 although each book stands alone. Very well written

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloria, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was glad I had read Pao first as there was some overlap and it was good to consider situations from both characters perspective.

I would recommend this book to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 13 Jun 2013
K WHELAN "40s Hollywood" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
I was expecting too much perhaps from this book as I had enjoyed Pao (her first book) so much. It took me a while to "get into it" but even then I was not engaged with the events as much as I had been in the first book. Also I had difficulty understanding the patois which occurred a lot more than in her previous book. I hope I am not nitpicking here. I am not sorry I bought it but I didn't really care enough about the characters this time. HER FIRST BOOK PAO I DID NOT WANT TO END.

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel approach to the history of Jamaica, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
This sequel to PAU by the same author Kerry Young captures the atmosphere of pre independent Jamaica in a manner that is both informative and entertaining. A well crafted book that I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
Brilliant read cant wait for sequel

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
Loved this book. Loved Gloria herself. A book that entertains and educates ignorant people like me about Jamaica and its history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gloria (Paperback)
Really enjoyable - enhanced by reading the first in the series "PAU"

Gloria
Gloria by Kerry Young (Paperback - 11 April 2013)