5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. My favourite of the series
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is definitely a pivotal point in the series. The first 3 books managed to get by on the novelty of Harry joining the wizarding world, coupled with the fact his life becomes under an ever increasing threat. This hasn't been exhausted, but isn't enough on its own to sustain a forth book or indeed the rest of the series. JK Rowling...
Published on 13 Aug. 2005 by Chris Chalk

2.0 out of 5 stars A great plot but badly written!
The plot of the Triwizard Tournament is superb, ignoring the fact that Harry could have been portkeyed to Lord Voldemort at any time during Barty Crouch Junior's/Alastor 'Mad Eye' Moody's tenure as Dark Arts professor. It successfully widens the world of Harry Potter; to include the Quidditch World Cup, two other schools and house-elf rights, while the main characters...
Published on 20 Dec. 2012 by K. J. Greenland

‹ Previous | 185 86 87103 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It was the greatest book I ever read in my life., 24 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
The book was incredibly easy to read. I have never read an easier to read book in my life. The book was so horribly great, I locked myself into my room for 4 days doing nothing but reading the greatest book ever written since the beginning of time. J.K. Rowling is an extremely good author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars J. K. Rowlings best yet!, 8 July 2000
By A Customer
In my opinion this is the best Harry Potter book yet! Yet again the plot has been shaken up, everything changing, some long suspected truths revealed, a climax which will give you jelly legs and make your heart speed up, and finally, a HUGE cliffhanger which will leave you wishing it is next July today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, 24 Nov. 2002
Now, I am not going to lie. I am no Harry Potter fan. I enjoyed the books, found some of it a little predictable, some of it beautifully imagined, but never superbly written. This book adheres to those rules. Read as a fun book. Do not expect a life changing experience. The end is a sudden twist, that is shocking, powerful and emotionally charged to draw the readers back. Wheteher or not the next book will be as popular is more a question of 'how many copies will it sell?' then 'will it sell?' I admire Rowlings genre setting, knowledge of her world and loyalty to her characters and fans. But please, don't release this book in America. The thought of seeing those annoying American children screaming and crying is enough to make anyone feel ill!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best book you'll ever read !, 13 May 2001
By A Customer
I have read this book about four times and each time it still interests me. I have read all the Harry Potter books and i waould say that this one was the best by far. Although it was a thick book it didn't bother me because the thought of finding out what happened in the next chapter kept me reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 25 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
This book is definately darker than the other 3 and may not be suitable for very young children. I read it in 3 days because I was totally unable to put it down. Hopefully now I have finished it I will be able to get some sleep instead of staying up half the night reading. In summary it's fantastic!

2.0 out of 5 stars Something to kill the time with. And bugs, too., 18 May 2001
By A Customer
With all due respect, the entire HP series is not that well-written, very flat and simple in its plot and characters and tends to repeat itself in every book. Harry Potter is an incredibly depthless character who doesn't grow or evolve at all through all the books. I don't really understand what's all the fuss about. If you want really good fantasy, go read Tolkien, Allexander, Pratchett (for some laughs), c.s. Lewis etc. That's my opinion, any way, and if you think otherwise - you're wrong. Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant , better than Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton !!!, 29 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
I am a 13 year old girl from Paisley ,Scotland . I think all the Harry Potter books are good but Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire tops them off! I have just finished reading it for the 5th time , it is so good and I can`t wait for the next one to be released!! Thanks for the enjoyment Joanne!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rowlings best yet, 28 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
This is by far the longest of Rowlings Harry Potter books. It uses this to explore darker themes than the earlier works. The sub plot surrounding the media seems both autobiographical and a little indulgent. Fortunately it is saved by it's humour and in the end this is a thumping good read

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book in the series, 16 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
This is one of the best books i have ever read it was full of suspense i couldn't put it down once i had begun reading it and i"m 18 years old it goes to show that this book is so well written it appeals to children and those claimimg to be adults! Everyone should read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent!!!, 30 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
J.K. Rowling provides yet again something which reminds me of my joy of reading as a child, being so totally engrossed in a story from beginning to end and living the tale, as all the Harry Potter books, goblet of fire again holds me spell bound, Congrats for yet another great story!

‹ Previous | 185 86 87103 | Next ›

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter Signature Edition)