5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable for all ages
I love Stephen Fry's reading of this book. Although it is typically recommended for 9 years and up, my daughter, who is just five, is already hooked. Fry's clear reading makes the story easy to follow even for younger listeners.
Published on 22 May 2001 by julia@classicbadges.com

3.0 out of 5 stars bent
I love the book but part of it is bent and has affected each page. Is there anything you can do?
Published 8 months ago by jem

5.0 out of 5 stars briliant, 17 Oct 2001
By A Customer
I though I had read the best bok on earth after reading the `Harry Potter Philosipher's stone`, but I was wrong `Harry Potter and the Chamber of secerts`has pushed J.K. Rowling's writing to the next level. Harry thinks that hogwarts is the safest place on earth but a monster is on the louse and only the Slyterin hear can control it. The big question is who is controling it and what will he or she do next?

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and exciting novel just as good as the first one, 5 April 2000
By A Customer
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is about a boy, the young magician, Harry Potter. He is back in his second year at the famous school for witches run by Professor Dumblemore. He will soon be back to his devish tricks at school. He lives with his 'muggles' which is the name that he and his friends and the entire witch population call normal born people or people with no magic. All summer he has live dwith his normal parents and his pudgy cousin. He has tormented his cousin by pretending to cast curses on him in the hope that he will be nicer to him but only Harry knows that he can not perform magic on his family. This is a brilliant novel and I would recommend it to anyone but you have to read the first book first to understand the whole story

5.0 out of 5 stars Chamber of Secrets, 3 Jun 2007
S. Winn "Sam Winn" (UK) - See all my reviews
A perfect follow up to Philosophers Stone, Chamber of Secrets follows the same formula of PS [Odd things happen at school, harry and friends figure things out, save the day] but it is perhaps even better than the first book. Once again the book is suitable for both children and adults.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly lacking in comparison to her first book., 23 April 1999
By A Customer
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone is in my top 5 favorite books, out of several hundred. I have recommended it highly, loaned out my copy and got friends hooked. So I was VERY excited when I I received Chamber of Secrets as a gift! I'm sure there are differences between UK and USA prints (i.e. cover illustration of first Harry Potter is nicer in the US, but UK has the cool feeling cover under the paper cover), so hopefully that accounts for some of the problems. I started reading this one and was disappointed. First of all, the proofreader (or author) missed some things in the beginning, or rather, missed putting things in (i.e. the) at times. Slightly annoying if you pick up on that. Second, it has a considerably darker feeling compared to the first which took me a bit to get used to. Third, there are more things in this book that left me questioning (i.e. how could Ron get the xmas present for Harry? when do they have time to shop? what does Mrs. Weasley do?) or seemed contradictory. It was good in that the formation of the villain was a *very* creative idea that I hadn't read before. Also, Dobby was an interesting little character that would spruce things up. Description of the degnoming was very good. Hermione does not get the credit that she deserves. Hagrid and Dumbledore are still quite as fun and interesting as always. Overall, it's a slower read, and not as good as the first book but still decent with a nice atmosphere twist at the end. I did notice some format similarities between the two books -- I am sincerely hoping that Rowling is not going with a formula format to get books out so quickly or this series will get boring and predictable (i.e. Harry has problems at the beginning, Harry leaves that for a bigger problem, someone else comes up with the answer, people accompanying Harry run into trouble, Harry saves the day even though he breaks rules, Harry gets rewarded). I *really* wish she would write on some of the possible ideas that were hinted at in the first book -- even friends have picked up on the same ideas and agreed that they'd make for terrific books. This book is good in that you don't have to read the first to understand the characters. Read this one first, and then Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone because that way you'll be blown away instead of slightly disappointed. It's not bad, but nowhere near as extraordinary as the first book.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, 8 Nov 1999
By A Customer
i have heard from my friend that in the next book Ron is going to die and Harry falls in love with Cho Chang(prisoner of Azkaban [also cool!!)how can he be thinking of love at a crisis like that?!
I think that harry potter is the best!! i have now read each book 7 times!!! i won't read any other book ever!!
my friend thinks ron is mad and funny and so do i. i try to imagine all the teachers and compare them with mine!!e.g.Prof.Lockhart-Mr. Toyne!! Madamn Hooch-Mrs Armstrong!!!
i strongly advise if you haven't got a decent book, go down to your local library and rent it RIGHT NOW!!Go on you'll love it!! I did, why shouldn't you? I mean i flick down this page and it hurts my eyes theres so many reveiws!! and people love it.
girls and boyes who wanna be cool say that harry potter is SAD!! HAS THE WORLD GONE INSANE??
what would you choose, a brill, brill book that you can never put down, or, popularity?
I know what i would take. HARRY POTTER DIRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRAINSSSSS
MY GOD people. read harry potter and you won't go wrong!!!!
P.S. for all of those who are wondering, no i am not a lunatic. i don't need to be stuck in a mental home! ...

3.0 out of 5 stars ..., 1 July 2011
This is one of my least favorites of Harry Potter series. But it's a must read if you intend to go through all 7. It's not bad though... :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant... sorry Ms. Rowling, 26 April 2011
Amanda George (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
It's an OK book but not as good as I was thinking. Apparently the later books are better but I was thinking I wouldn't be able to put the book down whereas I read a few chapters, put the book down and haven't picked it up again. If you are a Harry Potter fan then get this book. If you are a parent trying to encourage a child to read then get this book. If you are a child then only you can decide if you want this book but if you are an adult wanting a great read then do NOT get this book. It was written for children so they will hopefully enjoy it but if you are looking for a great read for adults then look elsewhere. Sorry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 4 Mar 2011
I am afraid I was a little disappointed. I brought Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets second hand and it was advertised as being in very good condition - it wasn't. It had many creases all over and looks as though it has been read by about 50 different people. I would rate it as reasonable condition. This is the first time I have ever given a review before - that is how strongly i felt.
Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars harry potter & the chamber off secrets, 17 May 2010
the book was in fab condition and recived when i was told it would come thxs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastikus!!!, 16 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Fantastikus! Thats the charm of Harry Potter. "Chamber of Secrets" was my very first book of the quartet and I just couldn't put it down. I have read "The Sorcerer's Stone" and "The Prisoner of Azkaban". All in two weeks. Rowling revived the child in me through Harry Potter. Full of literary magic and some great lessons for children of all ages, Harry Potter is a quartet of books I would love to have in my library. Start in order and you will love Potter. But, if like me, you start with "Chamber of Secrets", you will love Potter anyway! Quidditch, fantastic creatures, lovable characters...its pure magic!

ARRAY(0xa965d348)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Signature Childrens Edition)
23.26