5.0 out of 5 stars So good!
Published 21 months ago by A helpful customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragon spear
Part of a series and a good read for a suitable sub teen age girl. It will certainly be passed on to friends
Published 21 months ago by peter foster

5.0 out of 5 stars So good!, 27 Mar 2013
I have adored with this series since Year 5, when my friend bought me Dragonskin Slippers for my birthday. Although initially put off by its cover, I opened the book and simply inhaled the storyline. Twirling in a cloud of embroidery, dragons and far-too-attractive (but not that I'm complaining) Luka, I fell in love with every single drop of it - before having my heart broken when it ended. I re-read it so many times that quite frankly that book became my childhood. Last year, when lamenting over it ending (having re-read it again), I discovered via Amazon that there was a second book. Or, to give you a better idea of my reaction, OH MY GOD THERE'S A SECOND BOOK THIS MEANS MORE CREEL x LUKA AND ADJHGDYKFLHMHGHF.... *die*
I bought it, devoured it (and let's be honest here, cried a little bit), and to my utmost STUPIDITY, didn't buy book number three until last Sunday. I guess I just didn't want it to end, you know? But boy, did it end. WHY???? Why must it be over????!!!??
Ahem. So to sum it up, I love this book so much I simply might die because IT'S SO DARN BEAUTIFUL. Creel x Luka will always be my otp, and now I am left to accept that one of the greatest - Nay, the BEST series I have ever read, is over. Finished. Gone. And so my childhood has ended, for once and for all, at the tender age of fourteen.
Read this book and wave goodbye to your soul. Don't read this book and accept having never lived.
Make the right choice. READ IT.
[good god, having read this back I sound like a mad woman, but ah well]
READ IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that humans and dragons are no longer allowed to live together they seem to be happy and in peace, 8 Nov 2014
Creel has been looking forward to visiting Shardas and the other dragons on their island. Now that humans and dragons are no longer allowed to live together they seem to be happy and in peace. Creel, Luka and Hagen are spending some time with the dragons and Creel is feeling like she's finally back with her family. Her brother Hagen loves being among the dragons and he tries to learn as much from them as possible. Creel and Luka can be together without the suffocation of the court and Creel's aunt. Creel has also brought her wedding dress to finish the embroidery. Things are going well until someone kidnaps Velika, the queen of the dragons. Will Creel and her friends be able to free the pregnant Velika? And what about the dress and the wedding, is everything going to be all right in the end?

In this last book of the Dragon Slippers trilogy Creel and her friends are finding themselves on unknown territory again. They need to be smart and united to be able to have a chance in this last challenge. Creel is as fierce as ever. She's a loyal friend who's bold and inventive. This series has made me love the friendly and wise dragons even more. What I liked about this book is that the reader gets to see more of Hagen. Luka and Creel are a great team and I was happy to read more about them as a couple. Jessica Day George has created an amazing world with fabulous main characters. Creel has been so perfectly portrayed and described which in my opinion is the great strength of these novels. I will miss her and her stories and will definitely read this trilogy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars epic :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 24 April 2014
this book was the best book i have ever read and it only took a week!
i wold recommend this book for people who like suspension.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Twilight!!!, 23 Feb 2014
I was sucked in by page 1! Great story line and I want more! Write more books like this please! ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars The conclusion to a great fantasy trilogy, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers) (Paperback)
The third and final book in Jessica Day George's fantasy trilogy. Having survived Dragon wars, malicious princesses and poisonous alchemy Creel is looking forward to taking a break from her work at her dress shop to go and visit her dragon friends at their new home. However this cheerful trip unexpectedly turns to chaos when the Queen of the Dragons is kidnapped. A rescue mission is hastily launched and it soon seems that another dragon war is imminent, will Creel's bold approach to Dragon politics be enough to avoid bloodshed.

Sitting somewhere between YA and tween fantasy I was, at first, a little disappointed with this book; perhaps owing to the fact that I'm older now, but after a while the story began to engage me and I felt the ending concluded the story rather well: leaving me feeling both satisfied and curious about the characters.

All in all this is an engaging trilogy with a strong heroine that I thoroughly recommend, particularly to girls in their pre/early teens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragon spear, 15 Mar 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars well, little worse than expected., 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers) (Paperback)
When I say its little worse than expected, I mean by the quality of the material. Paper is of the quality of a newspapers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon spear review, 11 Nov 2014
Absolutely amazing book! I hope there is another one as these three books were a delight to read! Definatley going to read agin :)

Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers)
Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers) by Jessica Day George (Paperback - 2 Feb 2012)