Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 July 2012
It comes as no surprise that, for his first book, Venice expert and addict Russell Norman has applied the same attention to detail as marks out his restaurants to delivering a beautiful, practical and eminently useable volume. Part travel guide, part cookbook, part love letter, Norman conveys the reader around Venice as if in a gondola, taking in ciccheti here, pizzette there, all washed down with an Aperol Spritz. As a huge fan of his Polpo restaurants, it's a joy to now have this definitive guide to the dishes I enjoy there so as to be able to enjoy them at home. The cleverly stitched spine, enabling the book to lie flat on the worktop, will surely be as widely copied as Norman's small plates, no reservations business model.
on 13 February 2014
This great bok is beautifully constructed, it feels great to hold, has an amazing spine that opens and stays open, has recipes that are fresh, usuable, inspiring and tasty.

I first came across this cookbook at a dinner party where the hostess was cooking a pizza that had just rosemary and thinly sliced new potatoes on it. I was msesmerised and it was delicious. I kept the name of the book in the back of my mind and a year later I bought it for myself, I am now just mad for it.

We had the book with us on a holiday, each day, we all chose something to make and each evening we were delighted with our choices. Highly recommend the meatballs with what seems like a preposterous amount of fennel seeds. Just magic.
on 14 February 2013
There is a reason why this is continually sold out. Excellent idea. Excellent concept and restaurants. Excellent range and easy to use recipes. My favourite cookbook ever of 60 odd in collection
on 7 June 2013
Recipes that work ,not complicated and taste absolutely delicious, full of flavour, you'll be thinking 'wow, did I actually make that ' most well used cookbook in a long time
on 12 July 2012
Have visited the restaurant a few times when I've been in London and thoroughly enjoyed my meals.
With the book available, it's great to recreate some of the dishes.
I've only had the book a few days and have enjoyed a number of dishes from the book already.
The fried stuffed olives are wonderfully moreish! Umami!!!!
Piedmontese peppers with white anchovies were outstandingly scrumptious.
The Cod 'Cheeks' sitting in my freezer from my last trip to Shetland will be used with the lentils and salsa verde.
on 13 June 2014
This is a great book and I recently went to the restaurant in Soho and had a lovely lunch, Ham Hock and Pea Risotto. This was just right and the Strawberry and Basil Pannacotta was to die for.

The book will not disappoint, it just make you wish you were back in Venice!
on 9 October 2012
Quite apart from the delicious recipes, the production qualities of this book are stunning, with beautiful photography and illustrations, and a very unusual spine design which makes you want to pick it up and turn the pages.
on 18 September 2014
A beautiful book, and some simple and elegant recipes too (although really it just makes me want to go back to Venice). Author's claim that braised baby octopus is an ideal snack for children is yet to be tested.
on 1 November 2013
Bought the book, flew to Venice and searched for the great out of way spots mentioned in the book ..... Far surpassed our expectations, the food was wonderful, atmosphere exciting and the recipes mouth watering.
on 1 October 2014
not as many recipes as I thought I'd enjoy yet, but its a lovely book and the binding is very clever (not that that is a reason to buy a cook book but everyone should do them this way)