5.0 out of 5 stars Venetian Blinder
It comes as no surprise that, for his first book, Venice expert and addict Russell Norman has applied the same attention to detail as marks out his restaurants to delivering a beautiful, practical and eminently useable volume. Part travel guide, part cookbook, part love letter, Norman conveys the reader around Venice as if in a gondola, taking in ciccheti here, pizzette...
Published 21 months ago by Hugh R. Wright

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
This book came very well reviewed, but unfortunately did not live up to expectations.
Well presented, but fairly run of the mill recipes and nothing that had a "wow" factor
Published 17 months ago by Dr. Richard Parker

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvelous cook book, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
On one of our trips to London my partner and I discovered Polpo and were delighted by the Venetian cuisine. I wanted to surprise my partner on our anniversary with a romantic, unique dinner but I am not the best, and certainly not the most inventive cook out there! So I knew I had to do some research online and find some good, easy to make recipes. I specifically looked for Venetian food and was surprised to discover that there was a cookbook giving away the Polpo-recipes. You can imagine that I bought it straight away! The recipes were easy to follow and my partner was really impressed and happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
Absolutely stunning piece of print! The most beautiful cookbook I've ever seen!
The visuals are great, and recipes are fairly simple but delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth buying, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
This great bok is beautifully constructed, it feels great to hold, has an amazing spine that opens and stays open, has recipes that are fresh, usuable, inspiring and tasty.

I first came across this cookbook at a dinner party where the hostess was cooking a pizza that had just rosemary and thinly sliced new potatoes on it. I was msesmerised and it was delicious. I kept the name of the book in the back of my mind and a year later I bought it for myself, I am now just mad for it.

We had the book with us on a holiday, each day, we all chose something to make and each evening we were delighted with our choices. Highly recommend the meatballs with what seems like a preposterous amount of fennel seeds. Just magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book all around...!, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
Beautifully presented, original recipes, clearly written recipes, beautiful photography and a lay flat design everything a cool book should be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but really good, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
Have made a few recipes so far and they have all come out really well. It's a very simple book but then I think that's the beauty of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Venetian Cuisine, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
Have now tried many recipes from this book and they have all come out extremely well. Friends very impressed and hence have bought several copies. Well with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
beautiful book, fabulous recipes - fun and easy to make and absolutely delicious. I bought it for a friend for Christmas too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 10 Nov 2013
RachelWalker "RachelW" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
This is exactly what books are going to have to be in the future: beautiful items in themselves, multifunctional. I adore this book, full of pictures, mouth-watering recipes, text about venice, the history and cultural significance of the foods between its pages. Beautifully bound, beautifully presented. This is a wonderful item to have on your bookshelf. And, inside, it guides you how to make gorgeous food! What more could you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars FELT LIKE A REAL VENETIAN, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) (Hardcover)
Bought the book, flew to Venice and searched for the great out of way spots mentioned in the book ..... Far surpassed our expectations, the food was wonderful, atmosphere exciting and the recipes mouth watering.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous venetian cookbook, 15 Aug 2013
fabulous book
recipes easy to follow
gorgeous venetian cookery
lovely pictures of romantic venice
i highly recommend to any discerning cook/traveller

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb5bf4ee8)

POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts) by Russell Norman (Hardcover - 5 July 2012)
16.75