5.0 out of 5 stars Dreadnought
After reading the previous three H.I.V.E books, I didn't think Mark Walden would be able to come up with any interesting and original ideas, how I was wrong.
Published on 28 Oct. 2009 by R. M. Wareing

2.0 out of 5 stars Hive Dreadnought
I loved it man. Yo this book was brilliant. It was so cool man especially at the end when Sebastian Trent was actually the doctor. I would recommend this book to me mate Mathew because like me he is reading them in order. There was nothing wrong with this book if anyone thought there was something wrong you can't read. An amazing book. Can't wait till I read the fifth...
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by Edward Barnes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreadnought, 28 Oct. 2009
R. M. Wareing - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreadnought (H.I.V.E) (Paperback)
Dreadnought offers a new exciting storyline, along with 1 more main character with a familiar ancestor. In this book, the students take a "school Trip" to the artic, but on their way there they need to drop Dr. Nero off at the new ship the Dreadnought, and after that things start to go terribly wrong, so the students along with Raven and Dr. Nero need to free the captured Diabulous Darkdoom, in an excellent new H.I.V.E adventure.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars it was great!!!!, 10 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Dreadnought (H.I.V.E) (Paperback)
I found it a very good read not quite as good as the one before escape velocity which i found was brilliant.If you like the series you should really pick it up. I read it in one day.If you like science fiction,action adventure or are just looking for a change of pace you should pick this one up!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Nov. 2009
S. Bird - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreadnought (H.I.V.E) (Paperback)
Dreadnought is the best book I have ever read. It felt more like you were watching the action unfold rather than reading it. I couldn't put the book down, whenever I had a spare moment I would read the book and I could loses hours of time reading it. I have never reviewed anything before as I only like to review things that are worthy of 5 stars. Get this book and you will will not be able to put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son so loved it, 2 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Dreadnought (H.I.V.E) (Paperback)
My son LOVES this series - he made me order it from the UK since the 3rd and 4th in this series isn't published here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreadnought, 13 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Dreadnought (H.I.V.E) (Paperback)
Dreadnought is the fourth book in the H.I.V.E. series following Higher Institute of Villianous Education, The Overlord Protocol and Escape Velocity. In this book, Otto is still adjusting to the knowledge that he had learnt from Number One, and still has not told anyone. There is a new face on the scene, and Laura seems to feel threatened, although she still maintains she doesn't like Otto. The four friends are on their way to an Arctic training exercise, when their visit is interrupted with a tour of Darkdoom's new flagship Dreadnought. But while they are there their tour is interrupted by an unknown adversary. Can Darkdoom hold out against this mysterious enemy? Can Otto save the day again? Read the book to find out!

This book and the rest of this series is highly recommended by me, because it is gripping and exciting and you can't put them down until the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better and better., 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Dreadnought (H.I.V.E) (Paperback)
Mark Walden's fourth book in this excellent series for young adults is, once again, another adrenaline fuelled adventure.

In this wonderful world of fiction Mark Walden has created some wonderful characters and dreamed up some bizarre uses for technology.

In this instalment, our new baddie is attempting to create a new world order for him to command whilst framing HIVE for the destruction he will bring about. But, guess who is on hand to try and avert disaster?

Yes, our regulars are joined by a newcomer in their attempt at keeping things as they are. They go about it in their usual unique way.

Another roller-coaster of a ride, this series is going from strength to strength. The books remind me of those by James Rollins. He also mixes adventure and action with technology to great effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreadnought, 21 Nov. 2010
I thought this book was brilliant, it was action-packed,fast paced and it hooked me from the very start. If you have not read the others then I would advise starting from the first one which is also fantastic. I do think though that the books all have a similar plot and could do with some more new ideas!

5.0 out of 5 stars addicted to HIVE, 27 Dec. 2012
S. Donohue (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best series I have ever read, they just get better and better, think James Bond but if he were at school learning to be a villian instead meets mallory towers, all the innocence of a kids book where the kids can be the heros but in a modern and up to date setting. I am 30 and i have read the whole set and the new one due out in 2013 is on pre order and I am counting down! I often find kids books better than adult ones as i enjoy the innocence of them compared to adult books i would rather it be about the adventure of the story.

these books are fast paced and utterly addictve

4.0 out of 5 stars Poo, 20 Mar. 2015
It duet youtube ipod touch destiny sphero New Virginia next year ago and I am a big part in the first place for you can see how it works with the same time for you and I have a big fan of this is clever way to get the same way that the same way to get to the same time as the same thing I have a lot of money
Tristan the same thing as the impossible task is a great way for you to trade with an average of money to the impossible to be able the first to be the impossible for a lot to get a great job on this page is not responsible to be a big deal about a great deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Hive 4, 28 Oct. 2013
J. Wassell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 4: Dreadnought (Paperback)
I purchased this book among with others in the series for my grandsons when they come to visit, as the classic 'Disney stories' are now far too young a read for them. I think they appreciated having something more of their own age to read at bedtime, and are the sort of books they read from their school libraries. So yes, I think they were a good buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

H.I.V.E. 4: Dreadnought
H.I.V.E. 4: Dreadnought by Mark Walden (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2011)