5.0 out of 5 stars Action, action and more over the top action....., 25 May 2013
Frenchie - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Just as I like it. I bought it for my son aged 12 quite a while back and bought all the other books in the series too. Higher Institute of Villainous Education is just over the top and it is great.
Do not think that the author condones crime. To the contrary, the Institute is the brainchild of Dr Nero (yes, you read right) to preserve the old fashion type of villains (you know , the refined, highly intelligent ones, the ones who will never grab an old lady's handbag but are most ruthless and devious and think of the most evil plots in the world) as the world was taken over by really bad mannered villains.
It is funny but there is also the underlying theme of camaraderie and loyalty. Well, imagine Harry Potter and his side kicks, and you have the essence of the brightest student in HIVE, Otto Malpense. (But far from me to compare the two, no way, totally different books and plots). You have the blundering Nigel Darkdoom, the always starving Franz, ninja wannabe Wing, Laura the hacker and Shelby the Barbie doll.
You have all the ingredients you need to have the perfect ''book'' boarding school.
And of course, you have Raven. The most feared assassin in the world, who now acts as Dr Nero's bodyguard and ''problem solver''. And Raven is a ''she''. Which is good, because in HIVE, Mark Walden has made a good balance between girls and boys power.
I recommend it to girls and boys alike. Teens and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIVE, 27 Feb 2013
Got to read the next book! A must book for any future evil genius - even my mum enjoyed it! Interesting plot and great characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars H.I.V.E review, 18 Feb 2013
It was an excellent book, thrilling and devious, with each page my heart leap and I am deeply looking forward to the next novel in the series, Mark Walden is an extremely good author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Feb 2013
I found it was a lot like harry potter, but with spies and bad guys and everything harry potter DIDN'T have. I also see a striking resemblance between Neville Longbottom and Nigel Darkroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awe inspiring books known as h.I.v.e, 27 Dec 2012
Amazing a must read for 9-12 years old it has a new excitement on every page Walden is a genius

4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 24 Jun 2009
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Welcome to Hogwarts for bad guys, minus the magic.

H.I.V.E. is a school set on a deserted island where brilliant young adults who have come from criminal families or have taken part in criminal projects are taught to become the worst that they can be.

Otto Malpense remembers nothing about how he came to be on the H.I.V.E. island, and neither does him Asian friend, Wing. The H.I.V.E. staff explains to the young criminals that their parents agreed to let them join the school - and that they are under the highest security and scrutiny.

Otto, being an extremely smart Alpha, wonders if they were kidnapped and are being held hostage until they graduate. Throughout their time at H.I.V.E., Otto and his friends are enrolled in a number of courses you will not find in your average school. Subjects such as Tactical Education, Stealth and Evasion, Villainy Studies, and many other classes (meant for other students, such as Henchmen).

Wanting to be off the island, Otto and his friends, Wing (a martial arts fighter), Shelby (a jewelry store sleuth), and Laura (a technological genius) devise a plan that has never been pulled off before - escaping H.I.V.E. This is a feat that no student has ever accomplished.

H.I.V.E. is a great book and the ending leaves it open for a sequel, which i will be more than happy to buy. Although some parts were scattered, it all led to a great, courageous ending.

Reviewed by: Jeremey

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 Feb 2013
One of the best books I've read to date. Honestly its really really really really really really really really good

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, CHERUB readers please investigate!, 17 Jun 2014
it's just so ORIGINAL. they've done a very good job, and I need to stop typing. please stop making me.

5.0 out of 5 stars ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️..., 25 May 2014
This is an unbelievable book.

I love it!!

The next book (and the rest of them) are so addictive, I'm hooked and you will be too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it, 7 May 2014
it is a brilliant book. if you dont have it get it. i like the way they flipped the script. bit short though.

H.I.V.E. (Higher Institute of Villainous Education)
H.I.V.E. (Higher Institute of Villainous Education) by Mark Walden (Paperback - 1 Aug 2011)
5.24