5.0 out of 5 stars The best book yet!
Published on 1 Aug 2011 by EllienSara

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read
I have been reading the series and enjoyed this one just as much as the others. Will be reading others that are bought out.
Published on 11 Mar 2012 by D. Oakley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book yet!, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
Mark Walden gets better with every book. Although the title does not quite fit with the actual storyline, it was the best H.I.V.E yet in my opinion. It starts off slower paced, and speeds up towards the end, however all the pre-action is necessary to understand what happens near the end. The book has several laugh out loud moments, which are mostly provided by Franz, along with sudden twists, especially the ending (waiting for the next book will be extremely difficult!). Finally, Raven's backstory is explained, with flashbacks throughout the book. I loved this as she is my favourite character by a long shot, although there is less 'present day' action because of that. However, if you dislike her character, you may not enjoy 'Aftershock' as much as the other books, as so much is focussed on her. This is a book I will read again and again!

4.0 out of 5 stars After Shock, just an intro to something bigger next book?, 26 July 2011
Frenchie - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
I think the HIVE stories should have stopped with the destruction of Overlord (Zero Hour) because it is difficult to sustain the same pace of story telling now that the psychotic AI is no more. In all fairness, it was a good entertaining read but I was a bit disappointed. There were flashbacks into Raven's mysterious past that I felt were just there to make up the number of pages. They did not add to the story (except the last one). Raven did not even feel like the ''world deadliest assassin''. I also felt a bit let down by the 'hunt'plot. I expected something more spectacular (in the way of HIVE)- this was too easy. The success of all past HIVE is due to the outrageous plots and the cheekiness of the Alpha team best students (Otto, Wing, Laura, Shelby) flanked by the blundering Franz and his sidekick Nigel and Raven doing her ninja stuff. This book was too tamed, a bit bland by comparison. It may also be so because I have read all the HIVE books in one go, whereas someone who had not would not find it repetitive. Having said that, I am a fan of HIVE and I have this feeling that After Shock is only the preliminary for something more substantial, more "HIVE". So, I will wait eagerly for the next instalment because I hope more questions will be answered (ie. I'd love to how Nero met and rescued Natalya as I know now she was sent to kill him.). After all, didn't we get a glimpse of Hive mind back in Otto's head? Now, this is more like it..I just hope I do not have to wait too long...

5.0 out of 5 stars addicted to HIVE, 27 Dec 2012
S. Donohue (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
these books get better and better - a gripping and brilliant read for adults and kids alike, perfect bedtime reading if you read out loud to your 8/9 YO at night, really exciting stories to share. I have the new one due in 2013 already on pre order and we are counting down to release day.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as all the rest..................., 29 April 2012
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
My 12 year old son has the whole set of "Hive" books and absolutely loves them. I had a hard time getting him to read anything but comics books but these were the break through books for us. I'm really pleased. He even asks to read before he goes to sleep now...................

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 July 2014
This was a great book and kept me enthralled by the intense action. The book was exciting and had several funny parts to keep me entertained.

4.0 out of 5 stars H.I.V.E 7, 11 May 2014
I gave this book four stars because I think it is very enjoyable but it is not dissimilar to the other hive books so I only gave 4 stars instead of five.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 Feb 2014
continues to shock, great story telling. Fantasy adventure at its best. This series just gets better and better. my 11 yr old son and 15yr old daughter are hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing HIVE book!, 18 Dec 2013
Really good book, HIVE delivers once again. Do I thimk the series should have ended with Overlord`s death? Defimately not! Great read. Buy NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars HIVE:7, 9 Nov 2013
it's so amazing how many people have died in this book.SPOILER ALERT: Laura is the traror(very unexpected I would say)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hive 7, 28 Oct 2013
J. Wassell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
I purchased this book among with others in the series for my grandsons when they come to visit, as the classic 'Disney stories' are now far too young a read for them. I think they appreciated having something more of their own age to read at bedtime, and are the sort of books they read from their school libraries. So yes, I think they were a good buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock
H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock by Mark Walden (Paperback - 1 Aug 2011)
5.24