5.0 out of 5 stars love Vicky
Published on 25 Nov 2011 by mandicat2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very realistic
This is quite an entertaining read however if it is not very realistic - she seems to exist in a world of yummy mummies with an endless supply of money - which of course is not the case for everyone - therefore her advice is often impractical. It is also very American - so many of the things she talks about don't really apply in the UK.
Published on 13 Oct 2011 by vicki1978

5.0 out of 5 stars love Vicky, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
My friend gave me this when I was pregnant and I bought the next one for baby's first year myself because it's so good. You spend so much time reading up about the baby, it's nice to read something talking you through how you might feel about all manner of things yourself. Made me laugh out loud several times. I recommend this to anyone, and also wish I could get my other half to read it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very realistic, 13 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest book about pregnancy, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
This is the best pregnancy book ever! A friend of mine gave it to me when I was pregnant; she had been given it when she was expecting and I passed on my copy to a pregnant friend after my little one came along. I have bought it since for other friends with the strict instruction to pass it on afterwards - everyone loves it! It will make you laugh and isn't full of the boring stuff that we all learn about again at ante-natal classes anyway. Although it is written by an American and is based in America, don't let that put you off; the experiences are just the same wherever you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
Just what it says on the tin. I bOught it for a friend as was bought for me by a friend when I was pregnant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
All the baby books out there are all about the baby. This is about the MUM. It's good to read and know you're just experiencing normal things no matter how odd. Open, honest advice that makes you laugh. Even my husband would read it. Try the baby and toddler books by Iovine as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Read better books., 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
Proberly better if you live in usa but does have some uk notes. I read better pregnancy books but was ok to read. Got some humour aswell as important stuff. However if you want a hard & fast medical pregnancy book this isn't for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously humorous!, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
If you want light hearted but honest then this is it. There are some revelations, and some things that may not come as a surprise but the honesty of the author doesn't put the frills on pregnancy and labour like most of the books do. Certainly gives you more options to consider and more experiences to be aware of so that very little comes as a surprise once you go into labour.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 16 July 2013
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
This is a great book and was recommended by an american friend. It is written in a very american way but is enjoyable and informative in a way that other pregnancy books maybe arent! It gets into the nitty gritty of what to expect and doen't look at it through rose tinted glasses but in a realistic way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
I bought this as a gift to my friend who is an expectant mother, on the recommendation after buying it for another of my expecting mothers and she said it really helped her and gave her a lot more information on things that she wanted to know about but was never advised by doctor or midwife... I have not read it but my friends seemed to have enjoyed it

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd thought it would be., 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy (Paperback)
I was looking for a pregnancy book that provided some actual useful information on pregnancy and looking after a newborn. This book was more an insight into one woman's perceptions and experiences of pregnancy and birth. It was good in parts but not what I was looking for.

The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy
The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine (Paperback - 17 Jan 2011)