Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 June 2014
This book has a very spooky, gothic style based on Frankenstein's monster this scary based book is a good book but gets a bit boring sometimes but most of the time its an intense and engrossing book
Rating 3/5
on 21 June 2015
Gripping, gothic and a shame when it finishes. Author's notes at the end are well worth reading too, such careful research. A clever concept and a good YA or fun adult read.
on 16 February 2013
As a cheap buy, I wasn't expecting much, but how wrong was I. I was engrossed in the story from the start and couldn't put it down. Nice twist towards the end.
on 2 March 2014
This book is a really good tale of friendship and feeling left out. It was a really good book to read and I will be reading more books by this author.
on 11 February 2012
I bought this book to share with my upper Key Stage 2 class but fortunately read it first. ALthough the language level would be accessible I'm in two minds as to whether I shall use it with the whole class as it is quite dark and scary in places. However, on an adult level I loved the book. I was gripped throughout and was completely intrigued with the way the author drip feeds you with additional clues about the two characters, including meeting the Shelley's outside the British Museum. I was very surprised with the twist at the end with the link to Dickens, but will say no more so that I don't spoil the story for you.
I think it would be better suited to Key Stage 3 children/students.
on 17 May 2013
I really enjoyed this story, a twist on an old familiar tale,certainly worth reading, would recommend this book for horror lovers.
on 22 March 2012
Very good book which included Frankenstien mixed with other books.Little bit sad though towards the end but it was a good read.
on 25 October 2013
A great read, atmospheric and moving as well as thrilling. Full of surprises and genuine emotion, a real page turner
on 5 March 2015
a brilliant collection of characters, working perfectly together. Loved the ending.
on 28 February 2016