5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended for anyone going through this pain
Although my husband's affair was very brief and once discovered came clean, broke it off and did everything to try and make things right again, I have really struggled with the trust issue. We went to Relate a few times and I also found a separate therapist to talk things through with, but never really felt I had resolved things in my own mind. I had come to the...
Published on 23 Feb. 2010 by SarahM

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
This is a good book but find it a bit "simple" in places. Does help to understand some emotions etc but not enough explanation for my liking . Easy to read though.
Published 19 months ago by Tosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How Can I Ever Trust You Again?: Infidelity: From Discovery to Recovery in Seven Steps (Paperback)
Excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read - better is the offender can also take note, 17 May 2013
A very invaluable read, recommended to me by a friend. Great for understanding the 'whole' picture, but my other half (the perpetrator) wasn't interested in understanding why he should read this sort of stuff. Needless to say, 4 months into the 'Golden Hour' and I'm planning my get away. I've never heard of the 'Golden Hour' apart from medical terms, but applying it to a domestic situation is an eye opener. Read it and you'll see why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally made sense of the madness, 16 Nov. 2010
I coudnt recommend this book high enough, after finding out my husband had been having an affair with a good friend of mine for three and a half months my world fell apart, this book helped me realise that all the mad emotions I was going through were normal and part of the process, 3 months on and with counselling, a great psychic and this book things are looking great, wouldn't be where I am now without the book, thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars some what helpful, 21 Jun. 2013
I read this book after reading "not just friends" by Shirley Glass, hoping it would extend the good feeling for a while. It has some helpful advice but I found parts frustrating and I found myself irritated by it. Its a bit like the A Level version of "Not just friends", turn to Shirley Glass if you really want to feel better and understand more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book - so good to be able to read ..., 11 Sept. 2014
An excellent book - so good to be able to read that others are going through the same thing and that there is hope that things can improve. Helps you to see that an affair can be an opportunity to change your relationship for the better.

This book is written to be used together so that couples can work through exercises with the same goal in mind - to get back the loving and respectful relationship they once had. If your man has left or is unsure 'My Husband Doesn't Love Me....' would be better. But both are really insightful and helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars hurt wife, 19 May 2013
Bought this book after finding out my husband of 32 years had been having an affair for years. It helped me understand that I was not going insane by explaining the process of my feelings. I am slowly working through it and attending counselling. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good advice, 9 Jan. 2014
I bought this book in the hope of saving my marriage and have to admit I'm not quite through it yet but will keep on reading. The advice so far has been excellent and easy to identify with. The book is easy to follow and I am very optimistic it can help us.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is so easy to read and rings many bells, 23 May 2015
As usual, with Andrew's books, this is so easy to read and rings many bells. Very, very hlepful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Mar. 2015
Good read

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, 10 Feb. 2012
AgAl (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I can't believe I actually thought reading books will help me trust my boyfriend after what he has done to me but I thought I would give it a try. The book is just a typical relationship advice book. Loads of examples that don't necessarily apply to your situation and exercises that are supposed to help even though they do not! When you get cheated on, all you need is time. If you really love your partner then stay but talk to him instead of hiding your feelings. After all, he/she has to deal with your tantrums because they're the cause of them! There is absolutely no excuse for cheating no matter how lonely and isolated people feel! It's such a selfish act! The book tells you to find what actions of yours might have pushed your partner into doing such a terrible thing but the truth is there isn't always a reason! Do not even try to blame yourself, it makes you feel worse! Just remember, he/she didn't cheat on you because there was something wrong with you, he/she cheated because there's something wrong with them! Make them realise how much they have hurt you and make them work to rebuild your trust! If they're not willing to do so then just tell them to get gone! You're worth much better than a lying cheater! Overall, all I have to say after reading this book is let the time heal your wounds and forget about spending money on silly books written by experts! Every case of cheating is different and they cannot be put into different sections! I have only given this book two stars because all it did was reassure me that my bizzare reactions and break downs are actually normal. It didn't help me at all but it was nice to know I wasn't going crazy :)