5.0 out of 5 stars You know, I just MIGHT have a go at one or two of these!
What can I say about Heston Blumenthal that hasn't been said already? A genius? A wizard? A national treasure? He's all of these, of course...and a chef who actually appears to be enjoying himself, which is increasingly rare these days.

Published on 5 May 2010 by Dr. George L. Sik

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of talk, but very few recipes
I got this book as I had been so overjoyed with "Heston Blumenthal at Home". This was a big disappointment. It is full of talk of amazing recipies, but more than half the stuff described isn't followed by a recipe. Even the savoury lollies. He includes the recipe for just one. Don't think that would impress my guests.
Published 22 months ago by Claire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars You know, I just MIGHT have a go at one or two of these!, 5 May 2010
Dr. George L. Sik (Epsom, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)

This book ties in with the latest Channel 4 series of Feast programmes. I say 'the latest' because there is nothing here from the first series - you'll have to get the DVD instead (which covers the first series only). Not that this matters. While I sort of wanted to do that Victorian Alice in Wonderland 'Drink Me' potion that keeps changing flavour (see the DVD), I knew it would be enormously complicated and I'd never get round to it. One or two of these recipes are...well, not UNCOMPLICATED exactly (this ain't Delia) but just about possible to do!

And what imagination: from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the Titanic and the Brothers Grimm to Dracula, Heston's ideas run riot. Then there are the eras in which we grew up with feasts based around the seventies and eighties. Yum yum!

It's all lavishly illustrated, the recipes are there in full and the accounts of his adventures in coming up with the final menus make compulsive reading.

One other thing: unlike The Big Fat Duck Cookbook, this one is very easy to lift.

Thank you, Mr Blumenthal, the Willy Wonka de nos jours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heston the Best One, 30 Aug 2010
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
Bought three of these books for male friends as presents. I have just been to his restaurant the Fat Duck and have been telling anybody who will listen just how good it is. Giving the book was a fitting gift. The books have been warmly received by all and it's a really good read, even if you never cook any of the recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
I never intended to cook from this, but there are some recipes that are probably manageable without buying extra equipment. I bought it for entertainment value and it's lived up to that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heston's Feast, 15 Jun 2010
A. Shultz (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
Beautiful book. Full of the Heston's mysteria, will draw you in same way the fairy tale did.
Exclusively presented, would make an ideal gift. On of those 'special books' that people enjoy conversing about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Enjoy very much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book., 3 July 2014
Fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
I was very impressed at how quickly my order reached me and it was in excellent condition. I love the book and will recommend it to anyone who is interested in cooking outside the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a cookbook...., 30 July 2013
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
This book isn't a cook book but more a book to follow along with the series that was filmed for Channel 4. It tells you about how he came up with the crazy things he did in the series.

There are recipes in the book but they are more incidental, rather than recipes you would try at home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
Again bought this for my son and it is quite amazing. Even as an amateur cook myself I thought it was brilliant. Highly recommend for the adventurous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Feb 2013
Mrs. J. Macleod (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heston's Fantastical Feasts (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son as a Christmas present as he's into cooking weird things and he really, really liked it. He was impressed as he thought it would just show Blumenthal's end results but it actually gives you the recipes. Heaven only knows what we'll be dished up with the next time we go to dinner LOL but I would recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Heston's Fantastical Feasts
Heston's Fantastical Feasts by Heston Blumenthal (Hardcover - 3 May 2010)