on 8 October 2012
This book is the product of the combined wit and wisdom of many mumsnetters, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It offers advice and comments based on people's experiences of parenthood, and is down-to-earth, understanding, informative and funny. It's not a manual of how to be a perfect parent - it's a manual of how to be a real parent.
on 9 July 2011
Full of good advice but presented in such a way that you'll never feel you've failed or gone wrong. Love the anecdotal passages of what real life parenting is all about.

And funny too!
on 26 May 2011
I confess I've only read a long extract in the 'Sunday Times', but already I'm thinking of young mums (and dads) I can buy this for. Looks eminently sensible and a great antidote to 'one-upmumship', which is all too prevalent. I could wish it had been around when my own two were little.

By the way, can I add one of the best tips ever given to me? Nappies are great - no 'Mummy, I have to go' when you're in the middle the motorway, so don't rush to potty-train!
on 3 December 2012
This book is witty and very funny. Just what a geriatric mother of boys 3 and 1 needed...thank you. I love the shared experiences of real mums out there...
on 8 February 2013
I'm a 47 year old Dad with a 6 year old son and I think this is a great book. It is full of sensible and practical advice. It is also very, very funny in places. I really quite enjoyed it.
on 1 December 2012
The advice is generally ok but its the tone, the self-irony, the commentary that had me in fits of giggles and made me see the lighter side of this huge task of parenting.
on 10 April 2013
Had me laughing out loud and cheered me right up, especially after having been traumatised by reading baby manuals. Down to earth and honest. A must have for new mums!
on 14 April 2013
Easy to dip in and out of (wish I had had it when I was pregnant) and done with Mumsnet's useful humour and easy going attitude.
on 3 March 2015
Bought this for my daughter in law who just had her first baby. She likes it!!
on 24 March 2013
I love this fabulous and funny book, every mum should read it. It reminds you others have been through the same thing before.