4.0 out of 5 stars Wombletastic, 24 Feb. 2011
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wombles Go round the World (Paperback)
Having read a Wombling story not that long back in tribute to Elizabeth, I wanted to do the same again for another one in order to get a fuller flavour of the hairy Wimbledon heroes. When this title landed I was a little shocked to see that its original release date was when I was one, so whilst I knew that it would be dated for a story to stay in print it has to have a lot of contributing characteristics to give it such longevity. What unfurls perhaps first of all is that there's a womble for everyone, may like Uncle Bulgaria, others like Wellington or Madame Cholet , personally I'm an Orinoco fan as he's the one I can associate with more, a bit clumsy, a fan of sleep and for me the most fun to be around.

Each womble brings something new to the reader and whilst their overall adventures have an eco-friendly connotation, they're entertaining, the language is accessible for readers and above all else it's a lot of fun to be around. All in great fun and with luck Bernard Cribbins will be back for more misadventures at some point with these cracking characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rediscovering the Wombles, 23 May 2011
This review is from: The Wombles Go round the World (Paperback)
The Womble books are an absolute pleasure to read to my 6 year old son. They are so rich in detail and characterisation and have completely won my son's heart. I would recommend them to anyone with young children as a nighttime read before bed. So much better than the animated 1970's tv shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars love to read, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Wombles Go round the World (Paperback)
All these books are great for bedtime reading to our little ones. Each book has a long story with each chapter being a self contained story which is just long enough (or short enough) for reading at bedtime. The chapters are easy to read allowed and have held our twins captivated. Plus you get to re-live all the adventures of our childhood favourite characters.

If any more are published in the series we will buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to being a child again, 29 Jan. 2013
Lovely stories about favourite childhood characters. GUB is my favourite character. Looking forward to rereading The Wombles soon.
I didn't know there are Wombles all over the world!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a lovely read., 12 Jan. 2015
Mrs. MM Urvoy "maggie-may" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wombles Go round the World (Paperback)
This brought much joy to my six year old Granddaughter and has her longing to read more. I remember my kids reading them and it pleases me no end that there simple stories continue and whilst being a great read also start youngsters about protecting our world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for grandchild, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Wombles Go round the World (Paperback)
This was gratefully received by my granson and will encourage hime to enjoy books and reading as a pleasure. He sepends enought time on the computer and this is more recreational.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 21 May 2014
This review is from: The Wombles Go round the World (Paperback)
My daughter absolutely love this book, it is enjoyable and easy to read. The womble stories are a joy and loved by all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Oct. 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
Good

The Wombles Go round the World
The Wombles Go round the World by Elisabeth Beresford (Paperback - 7 Mar. 2011)