5.0 out of 5 stars Feeding your child River Cottage style!
I am something of a River Cottage addict, and, with a 2 year old at home, when I noticed this book appearing in my recommendations I had a closer look. I did hesitate on whether to order it or not, given that I don't own any other books specifically aimed at feeding children. A read reveals that is an absolute bible on feeding your child - from breastfeeding all the way...
Published on 23 April 2011 by Pompom

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas for mixing ingredients but I am not following the recipe to the letter
I like the selection of recipes and the fact that it tells you what alternative ingredients you can use. They require a lot of cooking technicques though which take time, like oven cooking, pre-boiling. I have instead followed the way I prefer to cook the ingredients and I use their ingredients list as an inspiration to put things together. I found though that I prefer...
Published 22 months ago by MO

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 2 May 2014
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
It was bought as a present for a new Mum. It has proved invaluable with some very good organic recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 28 April 2014
MILLIE HALL "MILLIE" (ST BOSWELLS SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
Enjoyed lots of thing to try I am not a good cook and have problems swallowing but will try some of the treats thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect cookbook for any parent/carer of a baby or toddler, 23 April 2014
A Scot (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
I love this book. It is very well written and offers positive considered advice and resources for parents and carers to consider how they want to approach weaning. The author is an advocate of baby-led weaning, but does not dismiss the use of purees. I've been using a bit of both. This book has made me really enjoy preparing food for my 7 month old, and I'm happy to know he is getting the most nutritious of foods. It has some delicious recipes that the whole family can eat; and encourages children to have a positive association with food and the kitchen. The book also covers breast feeding and, if like me you struggle to keep up breast milk supply, it has advice on formula milk. While we all know breast is best, it's not feasible for all mums and it can be soul destroying when you realise your child is not getting the supply of milk they need from you. So it's great to find a book like this that provides resource on helping to find the right formula milk without making you feel any worse than you already do (this was me). I now have a very happy healthy little bubba who loves nutritious foods. To top it all it has a lovely look and feel that can withstand a messy kitchen environment. Thanks River Cottage for providing such an excellent resource...I think this warrants a TV series...???

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for dairy intolerant children, 11 April 2014
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
The majority of the recipes contain dairy so if you are looking for a dairy intolerant child this is not the book for you. As the author states a quarter of all children can't eat dairy 1 in 4 people will find this book of very little help.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely cook book, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
Good purchase...some great recipes with alternatives for babies and younger children. There's quite a lot at the start about weaning etc some of which was useful but it's a recipe book that will be well used!

4.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
our little one loves the food and my better half loves using this book to cook it! Would highly recommend for happy mums and kids

4.0 out of 5 stars Family cooking, 14 Jan 2014
Ms. R. Sharpe (Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
Great next step cookbook, bought as my child hit 12 months and we could tackle a bit more exciting food, and cook things for the entire family.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby recipes, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
very good recipes, i like the fact that you can cook for the whole family and it is not only baby recipes
good size book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
I really like this cookbook, given me some great ideas for meals for my little one when started weaning & using ingredients that are seasonal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant baby cookbook which starts with suggestions for purees when just starting weaning and progresses to yummy recipes to suit the whole family. It explains what foods are allowed at different ages (at 6 months, 12 months, etc) and what foods are a no go. I really enjoyed reading this book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook
River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook by Nikki Duffy (Hardcover - 3 May 2011)
10.49