5.0 out of 5 stars What A Darling Book!
I bought this book after reading a very positive review in The Green Parent magazine this year. I was not disappointed. My two year old loves it, and it gave us an opportunity to discuss the similarities between the characters eagerly awaiting the arrival of their baby sibling and our family, who is awaiting a baby in September.

I found plenty of things to talk...
Published on 7 Jun 2011 by MamaPixie

3.0 out of 5 stars may be a little twee for some tastes
If you want a book that's a little different, one that isn't action packed but full of a story to endear and enrich the heart for the young reader then this could very well be the book for you. It has some wonderful illustrations by Anna Currey, backed with rhyming couplets that will help your youngling follow the rhythm's and patterns within. Add to that a pillowed...
Published on 26 Feb 2011 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Darling Book!, 7 Jun 2011

I found plenty of things to talk about with my son, outside of the storyline, from the colour of the flowers in the bautifully sweet images, to the clothes the characters were wearing, counting the toys in the bedroom or the visitors who arrive to see the newborn. I think with any book, you get out what you put in, and there is certainly enough here to warrant my toddler asking for "When the World Was Waiting for You" again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
Amazing book. Quite emotional. Gives me a little lump in my throat everytime i read it. Lovely keep sake for my little boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for a newborn, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully illustrated and written book, all about the build up to, and arrival of a new baby to a rabbit family. Easy to read and with a simple but important message, do not be surprised to find yourself tearing up a little!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
A beautiful book presented to my daughter and her husband on the safe arrival of Annabelle Rose, a lovely sister for Olivia Mai. Absolutely beautifully written and illustrated. Heartfelt and just the right gift for the new parents. Many thanks to the talented author and illustrator. Kind regards. Samantha McKeating

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 July 2013
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
This was purchased before my baby was born and I believe would make an excellent gift for any expectant mother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply charming, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
When The World Was Waiting For You is a charming and heart warming tale. Beautifully illustrated and a must for little ones especially those with a sibling on the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars When the world was waiting for you, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
Brought this for a friend and she loves it, very moving lovely story, very poignant. Good quality surface and backing

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb gift for a new baby, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
Purchased this on the birth of my new great neice - my neice had lost a baby earlier this year and I felt that the words in this book totally captured the anticipation and delight that her arrival at the beginning of December brought to the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
I just love reading this story. It just tells baby just how special they are. And how we all waited for their arival and celebrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, heartwarming gift for any mother-to-be!, 10 Nov 2012
H. Thompson - See all my reviews
This review is from: When the World Was Waiting for You (Hardcover)
I just loved this book and bought it for my friend who is expecting her first baby this Christmas, she cried when she read it!!! A fantastic present idea ;o)

When the World Was Waiting for You
When the World Was Waiting for You by Gillian Shields (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2012)
Used & New from: 59.87