Format: Hardcover|Change

This book is typical Heston; lots of food history and stories and recipes that most will not want to attempt but many will enjoy reading about.

Visually the book is stunning, with recipes that I recognise from eating at both Dinner by Heston and the Fat Duck – not least one of the best desserts I have ever eaten, a recipe I am going to attempt (Brown Bread Ice Cream). This book to my mind is for a true food lover and admirer; someone that enjoys reading about the heritage of a recipe as much as they do actually following a recipe. The recipes are all fairly tricky but there are elements from certain recipes that do look doable.

If you have eaten at either Dinner by Heston or The Fat Duck and you enjoyed it (who wouldn’t!?) you will love this book as it’s full of recipes from both which I loved reading the theory and history behind all the recipes.

I have posted a recipe list below as well as uploading some images but in all, this is a book that would please either a fan of Heston’s restaurants or a fan of food and food images in general. I just happen to like both and therefore this is a lovely book for me. Recommended.

RECIPE LIST
Sauce Reform
Tipsy Cake
Mock Turtle Soup
on 2 April 2014
What can you say, the man is a total genius. This book is a delight to own and read, well put together and a beautiful addition to any bookshelf. Heston is without doubt my favourite chef; the majority of his creations I would not even attempt. That being said, the very fact that he does is testament to his skill. There are a couple in this book that are infinitely 'do-able' with a little patience but like a lot of his creations, they require a laboratory, an army of helpers and the skill of a brain surgeon. That being said, I love it; worth every penny paid!
on 26 July 2015
What a simply stunning book ! I don't know if this book should be categorized as history, cookery, graphic design of modern art. This is the first book of Heston Blumenthal' that I have bought as to be honest, the complicated recipes I had seen on tv were beyond me AND my pocket. This book is far more than a cookery book. The history of food starts from 1390 and is fascinating . Many of the photo's make me want to frame them , totally redecorate my kitchen,hang them and open as an art gallery. The art work (cartoon doesn't begin to describe the illustrations) is quite amazing. This is not a recipe book, It has Heston's signature dishes from "DINNER",but with several hundred years history to explain the ingredients, traditions and even politics behind each dish. This is an incredible book. I was lucky to get it from Oxfams amazon shop, second hand, but now I have seen it I would have bought it full price.Wonderful.
on 27 October 2014
Love it - what a wonderful book. Not sure I would do any of the recipes, but so inspiring ... who knows! Thanks for another great resource Heston.
on 29 June 2015
If you're thinking of having a crack at The Fat Duck Cookbook this is a good place to get used to the techniques, its also a lot more user friendly.

Have made the buttered crab loaf so far and it came out amazing, the recipes all appeal and the layout of the book is simple and smart. The recipes are based on historic dishes with a modern interpretation as found in the restaurant 'Dinner By Heston'.

Well worth getting, another brilliant book from the great man.
on 16 December 2015
The look of the book is great. Lots of colourful pictures to go with the dishes. If your interested in the history then there is plenty of that to chew through also. Not sure how meny I will attempt to cook yet as I've only had a 15 min flick through.
on 24 March 2015
A beautiful book and very well written. I am thoroughly enjoying reading this and the book has had a few positive comments whilst sitting on the coffee table
on 7 January 2015
Great to try those Historical dishes that have become developed for today's palate
another great present for my partner to try out on me :)
on 19 December 2014
what a book the price was good and it arrived so quickly much quicker than I thought
Thankyou
on 11 December 2015
Beautiful recipe book. Recipes are easily doable with Hestons take on traditional recipes