on 29 December 2014
This book is good if you have not already looked into your past regarding personal issues, low self esteem etc because this book goes into detail about how your past effects how you live you life in the present, however I do not think this always applies to everyone who may have low self esteem or confidence issues, I really think it depends on the individual.
On the other hand, I do think the book has some good exercises to compete with regards to self esteem, confidence and personal issues.
on 30 June 2011
I read this book after being advised by Andrew Marshall.

I discovered initally through reading this book that I had very low self esteem and insecurity issues and that I was co-dependant.
This book helped me a great deal to look deeper into my own issues instead of relying on others i.e husband/family to make me happy.

I felt that it was a great beginners guide and enabled me to start the process.

This book helped me see that i over-reacted to situations, and where my insecurities and low self esteem initially came from.

it is an easy read which enables you to have a "beginners mind" on your problems.

It led me to seek individual counselling which has helped me hugely.

I would recommend it as a first step to dealing with your own issues as it was not too heavy a read and written very simply.
on 14 September 2013
Although parts of the book feature in Andrew's The Single Trap, I still found the book very interesting. It is helping me on my journey of self discovery! A lot of what the author writes makes a lot of common sense too. Well worth the money
on 4 December 2012
This maybe useful for some individuals that are able to fit their situations and responses within the categories/responses/resolutions presented in the steps, but my situations/ responses didn't always really match or fit the analyses in these. There were also a few assumptions made in outcomes/resolutions/ summing up sections if you tended to experience or have certain qualities, which didn't either relate or these things didn't really apply. E.g assumption to blame the past or parents behaviour therefore taking steps to forgive after evaluating their impact on esteem.
on 1 October 2013
I am just about to buy this, my 4th Andrew G Marshall title. His books are remarkable. They are easy to read without being patronising, and he really gets to the heart of the problems that I have been facing in my relationships. It is quite uncanny how he manages to describe exactly what I am feeling, and my partner's exact responses.
I have given it 4 out of 5, because after reading so many of his books, I notice that some of his case studies and exercises are repeated. They are still very effective though.
on 5 May 2013
I found this book very empowering and very clear. I was able to read and act on its suggestions quickly and easily. It was a very good buy.
on 8 January 2015
A good read giving lots of food for thought.
on 23 August 2014