4.0 out of 5 stars Up, Up and Away
Published on 3 Oct 2010 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, but.....
Published 17 months ago by Mr John C Dodd

4.0 out of 5 stars Up, Up and Away, 3 Oct 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 101 Things to Do to Become a Superhero (... or Evil Genius) (Paperback)
As a huge fan of quirky title I absolutely cannot restrain myself when a new one lands. So when this offering arrived I pretty much sat down and got on with it. What you'll find within is a book full of fun and one that offers advice on becoming a Super Hero or (if you're more inclined) an evil genius which backs up each point with a handy checklist and sticky stars so that you know what you've done and done well.

Its great fun, its something that will appeal to not just young readers but Super Hero fans of all ages (including those who got a real joy out of Kickass) and will make a great stocking filler for the hero in your life. My only real complaint is in how the book is split by one chapter for heroes, one for villains, to me it would have made more sense if the villain section had been taken and reversed so that you read back to front for the villains and front to back for heroes. It would have kept it easier for people to pick which way they wanted to go and to follow it through completely. That said, it is a minor complaint and shouldn't really reflect on the fun that the reader of this title will have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Such Fun, 16 Dec 2010
A fun book with lots of activities and bits to fill in. Great for early teens or warped adults who have plans to take over the world. Amusing stocking filler or secret santa, but only for those with a certain sense of humour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Gift, 14 Feb 2013
This was a gift for my cousin during Christmas as I thought he would like something different; I think he liked it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money!, 20 July 2012
I had borrowed this from my local library, and liked it so much I just had to buy my own copy! It's full of fun activities and a sheet of star shaped stickers so that when you have achieved the page's 'Thing To Do' you can mark it off with a colored star of your choice! I've had great fun turning my cat Obi into a super pet, getting my own cape, e.t.c. More laughs than expected, and absolutely fantastic book! I would definitely recommend to buyers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 10 Jan 2011
K. Stallard "Kelly" (High Wycombe) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my sister, she loved the idea of getting new ideas as she is aready a self confessed evil genius

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jan 2011
The best thing I ever read, brilliant. Buy it, Buy it, Buy it. It is fun and very well set out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, but....., 14 Feb 2013
Mr John C Dodd (Barnsley, England) - See all my reviews
It's an instruction book on how to be a superhero or evil genius, and includes a simple explanation on how to do each part of it, together with a section on the opposite page to confirm how you did and whether you used it for good or evil. While it's entertaining enough and clearly aimed at kids, the amount of writing in it would suggest it's for older children, and unless they're into the superhero genre (in which case a graphic novel might be a better option), they might find it a little wordy

5.0 out of 5 stars For all 'big kids', 13 Jan 2011
I bought this book when I was really struggling to find a present for my brother for christmas, and I was not disappointed. Wanting to by something funny but interesting for a 16 year old is never easy, but this book is seriosuly perfect. For the price, I think its a bargain. Bright colours and really witty and the presentation is fantastic. Would recommend for 'big kids' of all ages!

101 Things to Do to Become a Superhero (... or Evil Genius)
101 Things to Do to Become a Superhero (... or Evil Genius) by Richard Horne (Paperback - 4 Oct 2010)
5.59