5.0 out of 5 stars On the Tip of My Tongue
This book is dangerous. It's a bit like watching something like West Wing or 24 on DVD - you keep promising yourself you'll go through just one more episode (or game in the case of the book). Basically it sets the reader different challenges - things like identifying what 48 different 'ologies' mean to giving you a load of death scenarios that you then have to guess the...
Published on 28 Oct 2007 by J. Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars Tedious layout
Great questions but a tedious layout which makes it difficult to compile a quiz. You can't even photocopy bits because of the design.
Published 3 days ago by Buzzybee

5.0 out of 5 stars you just cant fail to expand your knowledge with this book, 23 April 2011
This review is from: On the Tip of My Tongue: Questions, Facts, Curiosities and Games of a Quizzical Nature (Paperback)
in here there are facts you knew but forgot, ones you would never have thought possible and ones that make you go 'damn iknew that'.

if you write quizzes, or do pub quizzes etc then you cannot fail to love the things you read in here, as some day you will be glad you read about them.

one thing i found amazing was how many seas there are, i thought 7, but no, you have to get the book to get the anser, but i doubt anyone would know all of them, to be honest i hadnt even heard of them.

great book, slightly different approach - this one you can skim down the index to find a topic of interest to work/learn on and the answers/solutions are to the point. or you can just work through methodically - your choice.

good book for 'team building/ice breaking' at work - eg split into groups and get people to work together to solve the problem. much more fun than wearing a badge and having to wait your turn to tell everyone about yourself - how dated and boring is that - should anyone in a personnel dept be reading. if they are, then get this and bring life into team building/induction courses :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for quizzers., 14 Aug 2010
Busy "Mum" (Worcester, England) - See all my reviews
My husband asked for this for Christmas and the whole family love it. I have since bought it as a present for my brother who is an avid pub quizzer. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Years of use!, 11 Jun 2014
Bought this years and years ago and we still use it today! Great book, loads of facts for any age, great for preparing quizzes or just a bit of fun. Highly recommend, if you're thinking of buying - do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars quiz practice, 4 Jun 2014
H. McIntosh "coffee mate" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This has been great for all our family members to brush up on our quiz knowledge. We have been on various quiz teams of late and have noticed our lack of general knowledge is hampering our success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiz questions., 10 May 2014
This product provides a lot of knowledge for the would be quiz master albeit finding the answer on another page somewhere near the back of the book somewhat frustrating, other wise ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 April 2014
So many interesting facts, quizzes and questions! Keeps us entertained for hours and I feel like I've learnt something too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the lot!, 21 Mar 2014
Mr. M. Lewis - See all my reviews
I have been presenting quizzes for over 20 years, including some major events at big venues. So, I am always seeking new quiz books as a source of questions - always looking for something different. David Gentle has certainly got this book right. Masses of useful information to encourage you to dig deeper into many subjects that are encountered. Excellent book written in 2007. How about a second David?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family quiz book, 12 Mar 2014
Miss Fiona Dane (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
I love a good quiz and bought this for last Christmas time. All the family found something they could join in on, from recognizing songs or books from their first lines, to naming all the Mr Men books.
We also enjoyed rounds like naming the airport from its 3 letter code and the product from the advertising slogan.
Really diverse!
Comes out from time to time with friends or family and will last us ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas sorted in one order, 19 Jan 2014
good price, good service, no problems - great to track down a favourite book and get it for friends at christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 8 Dec 2013
This is a fantastic book but only so much of it that is useful if you set quizzes as a lot of it is very difficult and you have to be pretty damn clever to stand a chance of knowing the answers