5.0 out of 5 stars On the Tip of My Tongue
Published on 28 Oct 2007 by J. Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars Tedious layout
Great questions but a tedious layout which makes it difficult to compile a quiz. You can't even photocopy bits because of the design.
Published 3 months ago by Buzzybee

5.0 out of 5 stars On the Tip of My Tongue, 28 Oct 2007
J. Kirby (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is dangerous. It's a bit like watching something like West Wing or 24 on DVD - you keep promising yourself you'll go through just one more episode (or game in the case of the book). Basically it sets the reader different challenges - things like identifying what 48 different 'ologies' mean to giving you a load of death scenarios that you then have to guess the famous person from. I'd recommend it because the quiz nerd in me loved it but it's a good asset for any self-respecting book shelf as it's good for idle moments, making yourself look clever and a bit of fun for family/friend gatherings etc. A good one for Christmas i reckon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one for yourself, and one for someone else !!!, 23 Oct 2007
Ian Clifford (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
'On the tip of my tongue' is ideal for the whole family as it goes way back in time and covers a huge variety of trivial, but annoyingly important wisdom. From naming all twelve lines of the London Underground, through the seven chart topping singles of Kylie, and the Olympic host cities of the modern era, to the nine activities traditionally forbidden in public swimming pools. Yoda the grandmaster of knowledge said of its lists "Love them all you will. Remember them all you wont!"

This book will stop your family from fighting their way through Christmas, and instantly liven up a night in the pub. It's a book of mind games and mental challenges that will test even the most acutely trivial amongst us. It will also show up those inclined to know more than they should admit about Boy Bands or Doctor Who. The big kids in your family will love it!!

This book is just great! If you want a book that will test your knowledge and make you an instant quizmaster, this is it! If you want to be the pub quiz wizard, this is it! If you have someone in your family who loves trivia and annoying all others with it, this is the gift to get.

This wonderful book is packed with hundreds of very irritating lists of things that you think you know, and probably do, but can you remember it now? Oh - it's just 'on the tip of my tongue'. You will LOVE IT and HATE IT!!! BUY IT NOW!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars There goes the weekend, 29 Oct 2007
M. Littlewood - See all my reviews
A mate of mine told me about this book and I bought it on a whim. It arrived on Friday and I happened to have it out when some quiz hating friends came to supper that night. Our quiet and civilised night turned into a full on battle of the wits that ended at 4.00 am.

The next night I took it to the pub with me (to meet some friends, not to buy it a drink). Turned out to be the basis for an impromptu quiz night with me as the questionmaster and entry for teams was beer for me. I have covered the price of book with beer several times over.

Sunday was a very hungover day but I ended up playing with my wife in bed for six hours (I was most disappointed to discover that she knew more about Kylie than I did).

This is a dangerously addictive book that should probably carry a health warning - and not just for people who are obsessed with lists, trivia, quizzes and facts about life the universe and everything. Even people with relatively little interest in such things, (like girls and others with more rounded lives than I), seem to be totally sucked in.

Wherever there is a coffee table or a toilet in your house, you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Present for People Who Procrastinate, 8 Nov 2007
N. G. Peplow "Neil Peplow" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
If this doesn't get you out of some really difficult buying decisions then I don't know what will. You know what I mean. Staring into space at 4pm on 24th December wondering what to get your fact filled uncle, competitive cousin, John from work who for some reason decided to buy you a birthday present, your geeky brother in law etc etc. Well all your worries are over. This is the perfect ditherers X-mas purchase. A quiz book that looks like you've spent some money on it and is guaranteed to lead to fights on X-mas day. Perfect. Avoid that last minute gut retching buying blitz. I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amzingly Innovative Quizz Book, 30 Oct 2007
J. MILLER "James Miller" (Farnham, UK) - See all my reviews
Is it a quizz, is it a book or a game? Well it's all three and you certainly play it as much as you read it. I bought it due to the general quirkiness and high quality of the questions - miles ahead of anything else on the market, especially in that it suits all levels with every question containing some easy ones, some mediums, some difficult and some stinkers. Everyone gets a good score but it's really unexpected. It's amazing to bring out at any time of day. We've "played it" time and time again and loved every session. It's brilliant for shutting up children, keeping you awake, driving you mad, bringing out that competitive spirit and teaching loads of obscure but nevertheless very useful facts. Don't take a present when you go round somewhere for dinner. Take this instead and make sure you take it home again too. Absolutely brilliant! Looking forward to the next volume in the series! A totally unique concept. Really cool the way the answers are all jumbled up meaning that you'll never know quite when you've played the whole book. Fantastic stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: On the Tip of My Tongue: Questions, Facts, Curiosities and Games of a Quizzical Nature (Paperback)
I bought this as a present, so of course I had to examine it in great detail before I gave it away! It's one of those books that you should not pick up unless you have several hours to spare. It really exercises the brain cells. Can you name all 7 actos who appeared in "The Magnificent Seven" or seven chart topping sngles by Kylie Minogue? I couldn't, but I can now! There should be a copy of this in every house this Christmas. Quizzing is much more fun than TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 29 Jan 2012
Helstu (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Bought the book recently to help pass the time whilst travelling on a holiday. Very good, lots of topics with varying question types. The answers are spread throughout the rear of the book to ensure you don't look at the answers for the next set of questions.

Question types range from groups of 20 questions to short single questions. Really good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 14 Dec 2012
Great for getting the find going when getting ready for a table quiz. Also great for killing time. Never gets old

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, great value, great gift, 12 Dec 2012
Cant say enough good things about this book. No one can resist its allure. So many great quizzes rolled into one small book. A must have for lazy Sundays, car journeys, or even lunch time at work.
Another classic gift purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars On Thre Tip of My Tongue, 11 Jun 2011
This book is one of the most comprehensive quiz books I have ever read.I run a regular quiz at my local football club and have found this publication a god-send in compiling my quizzes.
The reaction from club members has been very complimentary since I began to use the book as a basis for these quizzes.