5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the first-time Gardener!
Firstly this is a beautiful book. Obviously a labour of love for Laetitia - one that I am glad she undertook so that we can all enjoy it! Chapters include:

Basics - the gardening basics: simple recommendations for what you need (and what you need to know) to get started. Laetitia bases this on the things she wanted to know when she got started; she has a...
Published on 7 April 2009 by Pompom

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst book I have ever bought
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Honest Reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, like me!, 3 July 2013
S. Davidson (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Paperback)
The book is well written with useful, easy to read tips on where to get started, equipment that you'd need as well as plants that you could consider. It's a great starting point if you're a real novice and would find other resource intimidating or overloaded with techno mumbo jumbo!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 July 2012
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Paperback)
I am not a virgin gardener but adore this gem of a book. She is so quirky and writes so well too. Can't wait to do my pond in a bucket. Just adore this book. Thank you laetitia!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 22 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Hardcover)
I loved this book, found it by chance on Amazon as a recommendation. I loved the pictures. Gardening information is great for a new gardener but serious gardeners would require something else.
A little treat I am glad Amazon recommended to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!, 5 Sep 2009
G. L. Bacon (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Hardcover)
I was bowled over with this book. I purchased it for my sister-in-law and she loved it too. I am definately going to buy myself one and have to say that this is the cheapest price I have found.

The book is wondefully set out and easy to follow and I think is a must have for any "virgin gardener".

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not left my side..., 15 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Hardcover)
I was given this as a gift 2 days ago, and it's not left my side since. This is just the approach to gardening that I need, not too serious, packed with suggestions and information to get me started and to inspire. I'm off to the garden centre this morning, as I can't wait to get started. It doesn't assume you have half an acre, it doesn't assume you know anything - perfect for the true virgin gardener.
Plus I can't wait to try the recipes once I've grown the stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars The virgin gardener, 14 May 2009
Ms. Amanda Monti "missamonti" (brighton england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Hardcover)
This is an utterly charming book, full of fabulous ideas and great tips, made me plant all kinds of stuff as soon as the seasons allowed, buy it, if only to savour her inspirational ideas and information,enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars virgin gardener, 1 July 2009
The Virgin Gardener
A great book with loads of ideas for little projects. You don't need to be new to gardening either as you'll find inspiration for things you've never tried before

5.0 out of 5 stars LAETICIA is a LEGEND, 6 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Hardcover)
I took this book out of the library yesterday and haven't been able to keep my nose out of it ever since!! It is such a delicious book that I ordered my own copy yesterday from amazon!!
I'm an experienced gardener and in my twenties, so it is reassuring to see somebody young on the scene writing a book about gardening and her enthusiasm is contagious. I love all the various projects and it has inspired me to go to the garage so I can do a cheapskate posy of flowers! I thoroughly recommend this book for Laetitia's style is so down to earth - I cannot believe the person that rated this book a 1* they need their head testing - this girl is brilliant, and yes she's attractive (good for her, if you've got flaunt it) and I hope there are more books to come!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst book I have ever bought, 9 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Hardcover)
Do not buy this book! I bought it because of a review in a broadsheet, thinking I would get good constructive advice for beginners. All you get is random hippy musings about whatever was crossing the mind of the author at the time. If she wasn't attractive, there is no way anybody would have published this book. I have never written a review on Amazon before but I am so furious... It's such a rip-off!!! If you consider buying it, PLEASE take a look at it in a bookstore first. It's completely pointless. I am not even going to put it on my bookshelf. It's going straight to the local library (even though I feel like throwing it in the bin out of principle).

1.0 out of 5 stars Laetita Maklouf The Virgin Gardener, 27 May 2010
This review is from: The Virgin Gardener (Paperback)
How a book like this ever got made is just crazy , i think after a hard day shopping at laura Ashley and over a couple of drinks ,this book was made ,i can only say i not only laughed at every page i took the book 1 day after buying it to a very grateful charity shop .
Please dont waste youre money on this book buy a decent gardening book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Virgin Gardener
The Virgin Gardener by Laetitia Maklouf (Paperback - 3 May 2010)