5.0 out of 5 stars Peek-a-Poo is Highly Recommended

Published on 19 Jan 2012 by Kat JB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Peek-a-Poo is Highly Recommended, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
I bought this book for my (almost 3yr old) son, whom I had been toilet training for over a month. He had no problem with mastering weeing in the potty/toilet very early but I was having real trouble with pooing... I am certain that he knew what was required but just did not want to do it! He absolutely loves books so I ordered this and literally the day afterwards he went in the toilet instead of in his pants and we have not had a single accident since. I have recommended this to friends who are also potty training and I think this book is great for both introducing the concept AND if you find it's not working out. Most toilet training books are only useful at the very beginning and it's hard to find something encouraging and fun if you've started but it's not going well. There are 'flaps' (i.e. nappies) to lift on almost every page and if your child is nosey and inquisitive like mine (and the mouse in the book), they are sure to find this amusing. He still likes to read it now, and I will certainly be using it for my youngest son when I have the joy of training again in a couple of years!

3.0 out of 5 stars I can see how it could work for many children, but my little one hates it., 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
I bought this book in hope that it would help my almost 2 year old get used to the idea of using a potty. We have read it to her twice; the first time around she watched on in shock as we lifted the 'nappy'-flaps to reveal various types of number 2's in there. The second time around she ran away shouting "no" when we began lifting the flaps. She either finds it disgusting or disturbing. It has been a complete failure in our house. I can, however imagine that many children would like it, and had my little one taken to it I would have ignored my own reservations about a book about poo. But seeing as she hates it I have no choice to give it only 3 stars. Two for the novel idea of a lift-the-flap poo-book that is in all fairness quite nicely illustrated and written; and the third star in politeness as there is a good chance she might like it when she's a little bit older and can understand the humour better.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of the poo books, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
Great book! I ordered four different books about potties and poo & this is the one of the two we kept (the other two got sent back, Everybody Poos was also kept).

The different animals' poos are accurately drawn and the surprise ending - mouse puts his poo in the potty, not his nappy - was very appealing to my almost 3 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars for potty training - the children's favourite, 11 July 2009
S. Carey (MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
If you are parents looking for a simple, engaging and insightful book to help with potty training from a toddler's perspective, this is the book to buy! Children can identify with the mouse's curiosity about poo, and the book quickly becomes a most requested favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peek-a-poo- fun !!, 11 July 2009
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
This book has been a great success, much laughter and interest from children! Youngest asking to use potty like Mouse character does in book- she loves lifting the nappy to see what nosey mouse has found in his friends nappies!! Warning- sense of humour required! My children in fits of giggles first time reading, enjoyable fun book, with a little learning in there too! -(Just dont expect gina ford!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
My 2 year old daughter loves this book. We bought it when we started toilet training and have to read it everytime she sits on the loo. It never fails to amuse her.
Also great for counting practise (counting the poos and potties) and colour recognition (potties).

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 11 Nov 2011
C. Harnett "welshcaroline" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
My little boy adores this book. Poo is now a hot topic in our house, he is so taken by the subject of poo in nappies and its created hilarious exchanges. A perfect length and illustration for a 2.5 year old. Great help to potty training. We read this book over, and over and over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
This is a great book and really hrlps children become aware of whats in their nappy and is helping to potty train my son

4.0 out of 5 stars Different take on potty training, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by another mum and it is a really good book for potty training but didn't really persuade my daughter that it was a good idea. She did enjoy the book however.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good transaction., 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Peek-a-Poo (Paperback)
Good transaction, book bit sticky tho. Some of the pages were bit stuck together. My grand daughter enjoying the book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Peek-a-Poo
Peek-a-Poo by Guido van Genechten (Paperback - 4 May 2009)
Used & New from: £22.16