5.0 out of 5 stars Perceptive and funny, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Man Who Dropped the Le Creuset on His Toe and Other Bourgeois Mishaps (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my son, who's always hated to be considered 'middle class' despite a good public school upbringing. I thought he might enjoy laughing at himself and learn that everyone these days considers themselves middle class. I don't think I'm going to give it to him, though; it makes me laugh too much myself and I find myself looking at my friends in a different light and wondering which of the characters describes them best.
Christopher Matthew writes with affection and gentle mockery and it's a very funny combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good Giggle - but sobering too!, 28 Dec. 2013
This would have been very good Seasonal offering coming out as it did before Christmas but very acceptable at any time - amusing and very well illustrated. How we love others mishaps but in other instances ........."we have all been there"!
In all: a fine and well produced publication.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny Gift, 15 Jan. 2014
I got this book as a Christmas present and it went down a treat. My Dad is always a big fan of humorous books and I heard a lot of chuckles while he read this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed at every page., 8 Feb. 2014
I bought this book as a gift for a friend, but having read most of it, decided to buy another for myself. So very funny.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 9 Feb. 2014
I bought the book as a Christmas present. It arrived promptly and my colleague is delighted with it. Best wishes to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
M. A. Kittley (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
A good holiday read

The Man Who Dropped the Le Creuset on His Toe and Other Bourgeois Mishaps
The Man Who Dropped the Le Creuset on His Toe and Other Bourgeois Mishaps by Christopher Matthew (Hardcover - 7 Nov. 2013)