on 31 August 2008
I think these books are brilliant, divided up into 20 papers. One page is for reading - example a story, rhyme, small part of a dictionary page, non fiction segment and instructions. Then the second page is for answering questions on what has been read it also includes other excercises like finding nouns, wordsearches, turning verbs into past tense etc. Answers are in the middle of the book and there is a section at the back to monitor progress.
Bond workbooks are absolutely essential for any parent considering the 11+ and they make great extra homework activities for children in English, Maths, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning, beginning from age 5 and taking you right through to 12 - 13 (for those sitting Common Entrance exams). This book is for English and Bond produce both a workbook (No Nonsense English) and Assessment papers for each age group. This is the book of Assessment papers and it for 6-7, Year 2.

The work in this book covers comprehension skills, spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabularly. There are twenty papers, each containing twenty questions over two pages. The first page has a comprehension exercise and the second page has questions on spelling, grammar and vocabularly. There are a wide range of skills covered and each paper will take your child about twenty minutes or so to complete. The answers are included in a pull out section and there is a progress chart at the back of the book. This is an excellent workbook, challenging and which will build up confidence and skills. You might want to complete the workbook before the assessment papers, but either together or alone, this is a good buy.
on 28 September 2011
Much better than a tutor as children can work at own pace and log their progress on a chart at the back after each test. Just try one Bond book to see if you like them- you'll be back for more!
on 30 March 2016
These are OK . Expensive for what they are. Schofield & Sims cheaper and just as good. I always buy them to add more papers to my portfolio. Bond has been around for years and I always find myself attracted to them because I know and feel secure about their branding. I am a teacher an other books are just as good, if not better. The only advantage is the answers don't have to be purchased separately.
on 23 August 2013
Was recommended these books by a friend and I am so glad
we bought them started using them with my 6 year old and
the 4 different books have given me a great insight as to where
my daughter is up to and the fact that I can now help her has made
a huge difference (did not have a clue where she was up to in school) !!!!!
They are great value for money too.
on 15 April 2013
This series of papers are a great introduction to home learning and 11+ preparation. Unlike the other Bond papers which are set out as test papers and take approximately 40 minutes to complete, these papers are designed to be done in about 10 minutes and in short chunks. We think they are great!
on 26 February 2011
Bond Assessment Papers: Starter Papers in English 6-7 Years

Bought last year and I was told these are excellent.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Packaging was excellent and delivered very quickly.
on 1 January 2013
I bought this for my son as he loves to do more practice to improve his English.
He likes doing Bond series books.
He finished this book within few days.
It is a useful book for practice and improving skills.
on 5 October 2014
passed onto great grandson but quick glance told me the papers were very educational. waiting for him to complete before ordering higher age-group set
on 26 March 2014
Very helpfull. My kids really pleased with it.it very usefull for parents as well. They can understand what ur kids required in the class.