4.0 out of 5 stars Hilliers 6th Edition
Published on 30 April 2012 by 20xe16v

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag
Published 4 months ago by Dr. Robert C. Oswald

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilliers 6th Edition, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Hillier's Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology Book 1 Sixth Edition (Paperback)
This new edition of the Hilliers book is an excellent resource for all of my automotive students. We have always used the Hilliers book for studies and find the new 6th edition even better with enhanced images and excellent new material on new technologies such as hybrid and engine technology. The book is very extensive covering the very basics and early developments to new product unlike some other specific qualification led text books.
Great text book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable information for even a complete novice., 9 Jan. 2015
If, like me, you love cars, but you've always kinda taken the way it works for granted, get this book.

I was never good at Physics. I have no engineering experience. I bought the Haynes Manual for my MX5 with the real intention of carrying out work but could not penetrate it's language. This book has completely opened my eyes. It has taught me so much. It is so interesting and explained so well and illustrated throughout. I'm 100 pages in and I'm hooked.

This book is utterly invaluable. I can't recommend it more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jun. 2014
The books that I purchase are not just for me, I teach automotive engineering for a training provider in my home town. Although we are in an increasingly technical society these books are very useful for broadening the mind of our learners and they benefit enormously from them. I would also recommend them for any DIY enthusiast as a professional automotive engineer they are excellent value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Good amount of detailed content, 27 Jun. 2014
This book contains just about every amount of detailed content ideal for motor vehicle studies or if you wish to educate yourself about motor vehicle technology, although amateurs/beginners may struggle as the text can tend to be too technical if you're new to this trade.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 8 Feb. 2015
Dr. Robert C. Oswald (Canada) - See all my reviews
This is an update of an old book. The original portions are excellent and clear, the newer material is unfortunately much less good, often with unclear explanations which will find you chasing off to Google in order to find out what on earth is being explained. If you are using it as a course book, then I am sure your instructor will be the one who clears up the poorly explained sections.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent well worth a read for the casual enthusiast, 28 July 2014
Very clearly written, and with excellent illustrations. It also clearly leads from one topic into another and cross references itself. It assumes absolutely zero starting knowledge, so great for someone looking to understand the basics of how a vehicle works. As a beginner to moderately experienced home car mechanic, I have learnt quite a bit from this book. At this price, it only ever needs to help you diagnose and fix a single problem for it to have paid for itself. Aside from that, just very good for general interest if you are interested in cars. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 12 May 2013
This is a great book, full of lots of detail and has helped my son in his studies at college.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book to greater knowledge., 16 Mar. 2014
I'm a newbie to motors and I gotta say wow this book explains everything I wanna know. I had to read bits twice for it to sink in. But I can't say enough about this book. I have other Mechanic books but this is the best by a mile.

DMGBADB1

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 27 Feb. 2013
i bought this for my son for college but before i did i tried to get it from the library and didnt get it because some toe rag didnt return it.anyway glad i bought it because it is a fanastic book and very recommended by the college.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 4 stars go to the excellent quality, both text and pictures, 2 Dec. 2014
Very technical book. Do not expect to see "How do I do this or replace that...???" This book is more for engineers rather than the home enthusiast. My 4 stars go to the excellent quality, both text and pictures.

Hillier's Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology Book 1 Sixth Edition