5.0 out of 5 stars Achieve your best grade using this book
Having recently finished my A2 Environmental Studies course I honestly cannot recommend this text book enough. If you are looking to achieve your best grade (especially the top As and A*s) this book will enable you to do that.

Published on 27 July 2012 by andtp

2.0 out of 5 stars Coves the basics
Published 8 months ago by Ms. H. Bobat

5.0 out of 5 stars Achieve your best grade using this book, 27 July 2012
andtp (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)

The book itself is in black and white which initially did put me off - however, when you take a closer look, this book is incredibly well written and the page layout makes it very easy to revise from. This is unusual for me, nearly all textbooks either are really uninteresting or they have so much information that you can't remember anything. The textbook does contain a lot more background information which you do not need to pass your exams, but it does come in extremely useful when trying to stand out to the examiner. Just remembering those few extra facts from the book shows your enthusiasm for the subject. There are definitions for all key terms that you will need to know and understand alongside examiner tips which really do help to show you areas which you should focus on and others less so.

In addition, this book is full of diagrams and pictures which makes it a lot more interesting and easy to read. Not only this, but the examiner frequently puts diagrams out of this textbook into the examinations - therefore putting you one step ahead of people not using it.

This book helped me to achieve my best - and I am sure it will do the same for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally published!, 16 Oct 2009
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
Really nice layout, easy to follow each chapter. Lots of detail with headings and bullet points which is great for making revision notes. Great that the book includes both AS & A level together. The only thing which is a shame is the fact it's in black & white- there's photographs throughout the book to illustrate casestudies. Wish this book had been published this time last year!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but bit pricey!, 21 May 2011
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
I took an AS course with one hour lessons three times a month and although my teacher was incredibly helpful, this book really helped me get through my exams and I'm quite confident that I could have done it on this book alone. The book is a bit pricey, I admit but well worth it if you want to get that higher mark. It's full of intresting case studies and diagrams, all of which make the learning process enjoyable, as well as informative. The layout of the book makes it easy to learn, with helpful Examiners tips especially for AQA exams, telling you what to look out for and learn in preperation for your exam. What is also useful about this book is that it contains definitions of words that you may not know (especially helpful for me as I was doing the course a year early). I'm grateful for this book but be warned, it isn't very concise, I found it more useful to make shorter notes from each chapter/unit and learn from that, otherwise you may be overwhelmed by the number of pages you have to cover!
Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Reference for my Science Foundation Year, 30 Oct 2009
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
I'm doing a science foundation year and this book has been perfect for environmental science. The only book I need and it covers the syllabus perfectly. 5 stars from me ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, 30 Jan 2013
I Recommend to all students studying A Level Environmental Studies with AQA
This book is of High quality and unused. Love it. So much help.

2.0 out of 5 stars Coves the basics, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
I teach A-level ES and I have to say this is an extremely boring textbook! My students have it as there is no other one available and it does mostly cover the specification (although fails to go into enough depth at A2) but I try to avoid using it and create my own resources where possible as the very sight of the boring black and white pages is enough to put the most avid environmentalist to sleep! It is good for covering the specification but not if you want to be inspired!

I have also discovered a mistake in the book on p. 82 where the 'examiner's tip' refers to the Arctic and Antarctic as 'ice caps' whereas in fact they are 'ice sheets'. an ice cap is a glacier large enough to cover a whole area/mountain but an ice sheet covers an entire country/continent. It's disappointing that the 'examiner' didn't check this fact first. I have also found errors in the Nelson Thornes A-level Geography book.

4.0 out of 5 stars expectations, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
It met all my studying material requirements, although there was one noticeable mistake in writing of which could mislead a learner who had not fully understood the chapter. About ozone depletion unit 2 chapter 1 atmosphere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
I bought this for As and A2 Environmental Studies, and it has just been so helpful. Everything you need to know is in there, with interesting case studies to improve your answers to get the best grade possible. I am very confident I will do well in this subject, and I think this book certainly helped! It may be pricey but definitely buy it if you are doing the subject!
Plus I think it helped that the author, Richard Genn, was my teacher!

5.0 out of 5 stars ENVS, 9 July 2012
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
This was a great book, using it now for A2 aswell! HIGHLY RECCOMENDED, The book was useful because it showed all of thew AS module and so i used it to revise from. Couldnt believe the size for the price - seemed cheap

4.0 out of 5 stars Enviromental studies., 17 April 2012
This review is from: AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book (Paperback)
Very informative,especially for a person like me who has not been to school for many years.
Well set out as well as interesting,I didnt do anything like this at school.

AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book
AQA Environmental Studies AS/A2: Student Book by Richard Genn (Paperback - 7 Sep 2009)