Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 August 2014
I initially bought this, in addition to the physics and chemistry revision books, under the impression that it was the textbook version that we used in school. But it was not! After looking at it for a good few moments, I realized that the amazon label did, in fact, say that it was just the revision guide whereas the textbook version distinctly says "AQA Science Students book" in the description... I possibly should have realized that any actual textbook would not be so cheap.
But it is really useful for my exams - it's basically all the sections from the biology revision books across the years combined into one book. I can revise not only the GCSE that i'm taking now, but my past GCSE's as well for when we go over things again in class. It will also, no doubt, be useful for anyone starting high school as it is easy to understand and contains all the key points in small sections that are not too intimidating and has questions to quiz you on your knowledge.
In short, I'm really happy with this book and I feel that it is really helpful. The only reason that I have not given it five stars is because some of the explanations don't really go into enough detail as you get towards the higher stuff at the back of the book.
on 13 July 2013
This s just what it says it is, a revision guide. Providing the pupil has already worked hard and understood their lessons, then this will help in the final revision.
on 23 November 2013
I ordered this as in my school they use the full books not the revision guides, so I though that this will be helpful for home revision. It is basically the big book simplified and put in bullet points. I, as a student, found this book very helpful and straightforward. If you like something that is written in standard language, quite formally, then I would recommend this book. If you, however, prefer to find some jokes and a funnier tone of language in a revision guide, look for the CGP books.
on 16 January 2012
Advised by teacher to get for my daughter. She has found this book very helpful, well written and she is very pleased I bought it for her. Quick delivery and no problems with service.
on 10 June 2013
Excellent book for my daughter.Covers all topics.My daughter says its really helpful she enjoys revising from it and recommends it to anyone that is studying GCSE Biology.
on 30 June 2013
This guide is clear but I feel that more detail could have been included to make this a fantastic guide.The question and answer sections are useful and detailed.
on 22 November 2011
i got this items for my daughter she found it very helpful and easy for her GCSE revision also the price is reasonable .
on 11 June 2013
I bought this book for my son for his GCSE exams. He was happy and said it helped him in with the questions.
on 18 October 2013
A fabulous book that is helping my Daughter with her GCSE science course. She finds the questions at the end of each chapter useful to ensure learning. Her grades in class tests are already improving as well as her confidence. Would highly recommend this to others.
on 17 July 2014
I used these books for my Biology revision along with the same books for Chemistry and Physics. It contains information that is organised clearly and makes revision easy too. Everything that you need is in there and I personally found it very easy to understand the concepts.