on 2 May 2008
This story plot is quite different to the normal storyline in the Secret Seven series, although it is a bit similar to one or two of the Famous Five books.

The adults in the stories normally don't let the kids get involved in the books but this time, the children are asked to help and get involved after a girl goes missing and there is a theft, of all the money, from the school she went to before disappearing.

So where exactly is Elizabeth? And has Peter finally gone a bit crazy after cracking so many mysteries? Do the Seven manage to solve this puzzle with sparse clues?

As the ninth book in the series, this story is quite impressive and compared to the rest, it is very good: it is excellent. It neatly paves the way for a series of books which are alike but more complex storylines to come. I would definitely rate this wonderful book: 8.5/ 10.
on 15 January 2016
THE “SECRET SEVEN” SERIES

THEY ARE THE BEST FOR A FIRST READ!

Enid’s early works include the ‘Secret Seven Society’ books featuring Peter (the society's leader), Janet (Peter's sister), Jack, Barbara, George, Pam and Colin. They were the catalyst which encouraged me to start reading more than 50 years ago. Thank you, Enid.

The BBC, many public libraries, local authorities and alleged educational experts have been completely wrong about the worth of the Blyton works. I can remember having substantial difficulty obtaining the original versions of the books. Quite a few shops would not stock them then but they were wonderful stories for teenagers! The tales are great to read for their simplicity and straightforwardness.

When one did find copies of the book they were quite expensive all those years ago but great to own. I loved the physical appearance of the books as well which I treasured as a youngster with the way in which the books were produced then making them somehow much easier to read.

It’s a delight to read these stories of adventure again in middle age although recent editing has diminished some of the memories I have of the original editions and words used then (but I am now getting old).

Never mind… these books remain one of my best friends for life: they began my own reading adventure so do read these special adventures of the Secret Seven Society for yourselves.
on 24 July 2012
This was a present requested by my daughter for her 31st Birthday - an early midlife Crisis? She loved it along with others she requested.
on 20 December 2013
Bought for my grandson who loves all these books.He is wanting to collect them all and then go on to t
The Famous Five collection.
on 1 June 2014
Another amazing read. I found myself glued to this book and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next one.
on 31 October 2014
love the books better price than the high street
on 10 January 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for my two nieces, aged 7 and 8 years old, they are Italian (Bi-lingual). They loved the story and listened to it many times. Sarah Greene read it perfectly. I enjoyed it too! I liked the moral aspect of the story too. Ten stars would be better!
on 7 January 2016
Excellent book with modern illustrations
on 14 November 2014
Value for money, recommend ed highly.
on 18 May 2016