on 9 March 2011
These CDs appear to be straightforward transfers of the soundtracks from the original television series (unlike the Yes Minister CDs, most of which were apparently re-recorded for radio), even to an occasional fluffed line that I recall from the TV shows. As such you obviously miss any visual gags, more important in some episodes than in others, but if you are familiar with the TV shows and remember what is happening, it doesn't matter. The plus side is that it gives you the chance to relive this excellent series in the car or wherever else you can listen but not watch.

And they are well worth while reliving! I still regard it as the best sitcom ever made. Or should it really be satire? On this CD Jim Hacker has to deal with his predecessor's memoirs and the hilarious State Funeral after his death, the resignation of a Cabinet Minister, a scandal in the City after a bank overlends (sounds familiar more than 20 years later); as well as the ongoing battle between the government and the civil service.

The whole series was perfectly cast, not just the three principal characters, but virtually everyone who appears in any episode. It really is first rate.
on 14 July 2013
I held this on my wish list for about 4 months. Excellent timeless comedy. Very surprisingly I found this cheaper on Play.com and that Amazon failed to match the price or even get anywhere near to being competitive - it came very quickly, was well packaged I am very pleased that I decided to shop around.