Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 November 2008
My husband and I heard this on Radio 4 last Christmas morning. It was hysterical. We were very glad our family weren't arriving until later in the day, so we could enjoy every moment of it. For all of you that missed it (and I expect many did, being busy with all the usual Christmas day events) get it and enjoy!
I've ordered so we can listen again and again. You know with Humph, there will always been some bits you've missed, even if you sneeze!
VINE VOICEon 5 January 2009
This recording, first broadcast on Radio 4 on Christmas Day 2007, is a testament to the genius of the regular I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue cast and the many guests who frequently participate in the show. With hindsight, it's amazingly lucky that this was recorded in 07, just months before Chairman Humph's death; having all the regulars together is a rare treat indeed. Written by Iain Pattinson and Graeme Garden, this is a uniquely 'Clue' take on Carroll's tale, which squeezes in many of the show's favourite rounds and features a distinctly un-enthusiastic Humph in the title role. Many, many laughs are to be had, not only from the usual rounds, but also the narrative and Humph's comments along the way. As an added bonus, there's a fabulous trumpet solo from the great man at the end.
on 29 April 2009
Oh come on, what's not to like? All your favourite Clue regulars running riot with a story you thought you knew...

Humph, with long blonde hair in a little blue frock ("Well, I got it off the washing line..."); Graeme and Barry being the Walrus and the Carpenter in the style of Hamish and Dougal; Sandi Toksvig as the Queen of Hearts - suffering from one of the notorious misprints - "it should be Hearts with an H," explains Humph... "not Hearts with a Fff"

And one of my favourite bits is Humph again at the beginning: "I'm as blind as a cat without my glasses." "You mean blind as a bat." "Looks like a cat to me..."

Go on. Treat yourself. It's a darn sight funnier than the original book.
on 12 September 2010
I listen to these shows over and over again and know what is going to come but the humour never fails to make me laugh out loud.A real tonic.
The long running Radio 4 comedy series Im Sorry I haven’t a clue is well represented here in this Audio book edition of Humph in Wonderland.
This actual show was transmitted on Radio on Christmas Day 2007. Here on this one disc release is the entire Radio show plus it is extended for this release. It is full of great humour. It makes a good, light and happy book that lasts for one hour ten minutes.

The comedy team give us their take on the classic Alice in Wonderland story. This time chairman Humphrey Lyttelton stars in the title role of Humph in Wonderland. Tony Hawkes narrates the story along with Sandi Toksvig as the Queen of Hearts, Tim Brooke Taylor as the Duchess. Graham Garden as the cook and Barry Cryer as Humpty Dumpty. The show also features Andy Hamilton as caterpiller, Rob Brydon as the mad hatter, Jeremy Hardy as the March Hare, Colin Sell as the white Rabbit and Jack Dee as the Cheshire Cat.

There is great fun in this daft version of the Lewis Carroll story and with 20 extra minutes of bonus material this is a great book to get for everyone both new and old to Sorry I haven’t a clue.
on 2 February 2009
This is a fitting and charming tribute to a wonderful man, not short of a few chuckles in the form of some Clue soundbites.

Worth the purchase if you are an I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue fan, or indeed a Lyttleton enthusiast.

To Humph!
on 4 February 2009
I have most of the ISIHAC cds and this is 1 of the best. I love the bigger group ensembles and this one has all the teams favourites.
on 5 July 2009
Having heard this on the radio when it was first broadcast, and laughed our way through Christmas Day due to it, it was so good to see that it has been released on CD. The gang are in top form and the gags just as funny every time you hear them. A true piece of BBC genius and recommended to everyone who loves a laugh.
on 28 December 2011
As ever, extremely funny. Not recommended for slow witted listeners. Although the late great Humphrey Littleton is no longer able to host the show it continues on Radio 4 under the guidance of Jack Dee. Still very funny.
on 10 October 2014
The same wonderful silliness that my relatives in England can expect (I'm from Canada), Humph and his crew make darn sure to
give us the required amount of double entendres and all the other dirty humour that I like from this show. I definitely would NOT
hesitate to buy "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Christmas Clue" in the near future.