5.0 out of 5 stars I love old British radio comedy and The Goon Show is ...
I love old British radio comedy and The Goon Show is one of my favorites. As a Yank, I don't get all the references, but I love the surreal quality of Spike's humor. You never know which way he's going to jump.
Published 3 months ago by Robert W. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars my review
There is little in the World of today's comedy that can touch the humour and use of words as the Goon Show did. This latest collection of four shows adds to the collection already re-recorded and digitally enhanced. Hopefully within time every show will become available.
Published on 28 Sept. 2009 by M. J. Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars I love old British radio comedy and The Goon Show is ..., 23 Oct. 2014
Robert W. Henderson (Nashua, NH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Goon Show: Volume 26: Bank Statement No. 349 (Radio Collection) (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ye cannae gae wrang wi' Milligan BUUUUUT......, 10 Aug. 2009
R. A. Caton "Arcaton" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My advice to anyone offered a BBC CD Goon Show release has got to be BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY. As the years go by the better known shows have been released already so some of the lesser vehicles are trundled out. All have had the miracle treatment whereby bits excised for Transcription Service issue and later rebroadcast have been painstakingly replaced using cardboard string and glue to give us the glorious whole. The shows here are oddities (Hence the date of "Siege of Fort Night" being 1986). There are "Vintage Goons" here. These were old scripts re-recorded in 1958 for the Transcription Service to issue ABROAD. "Fort Night" never reached the UK until '86, hence the date. Some of these shows sound s bit odd as the characters had developed between the original scripts ('53 - '54?) and 1958. Moriarty in particular had degenerated from a criminal mastermind to a mere frog eating lackey to Grytpipe-Thynne....
But we have here a worthwhile purchase for the student of insanity. While you are at it buy the Goon Show Compendiums too. Buy the previous 25 double CD issues.
I reckon (just a guess) the the BBC has issued more Goon Shows on CD than any other show from the archives. They are all well worth the money. You can't take it with you folks but you can have the show played at the crem and give your mourners a good laugh. YOU SEE! I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars goon show v 26, 30 Aug. 2009
As a `collector` of goon shows since the 1960`s , on L.P. ,tape and c.d.- I found these 4 episodes 4 of the best, but then I do have a bias ,as I have always enjoyed the goons even when some situations and `gags` repeat themselves on various episodes!If you like the humour of Milligan,Sellers,Secombe, then you will enjoy this c.d., and, if you are new to the insane/sanity of the Goons then buy anyway ,and enjoy Humour with a capital `H,` humour that lived before P.C. was even thought of ,and making fun of those in power was always `open season`. G.S.

3.0 out of 5 stars my review, 28 Sept. 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough ..., 31 Aug. 2009
Another great set of stories from The Goons. Whether you are a Goon-a-phile, like me, or a newbie to the Goon scene, this volume will give you great pleasure and many laughs. Buy it. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goon Show V.26, 28 Oct. 2009
M. J. Hunter - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've been collecting Goon Shows since the 1960's. It's nice to have them on CD and of course, only the BBC has access to the vast majority of the back catalogue. Always a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep them coming Please!, 18 July 2010
Having been too young to listen to the shows first time round, I am an avid collecter of all things goony. I just hope I can live long enough to hear all the shows

3.0 out of 5 stars Goon Show Volume 26, 8 Oct. 2010
I have aproblem with this C D. It sticks on CD2 -the blast episode The Chinese Legs - so I need a replacement. How do I go about getting a replacement?

The Goon Show: Volume 26: Bank Statement No. 349 (Radio Collection)
The Goon Show: Volume 26: Bank Statement No. 349 (Radio Collection) by Spike MilliganLarry Stephens (Audio CD - 6 Aug. 2009)
Out of stock