5.0 out of 5 stars Miranda Hart's Joke Shop
Fantastic. One of the best Audio CD's I have got. I have listened to it in the car, in the house and on my ipod. Very funny. Just hope there are more to follow.
Published on 21 Jan 2010 by Ms. Debra K. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the tv series
Very similar to the tv series so if you have seen that you will have heard most of the jokes before.
Published 19 months ago by Mrs R

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Miranda Hart's Joke Shop, 21 Jan 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars An undiscovered gem, 28 April 2009
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Miranda Hart doesn't get the recognition she deserves - she is a very funny woman, and this series is hilarious, well-written and full of laughs. Give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: this product may make you burst out laughing in public, 19 Sep 2010
Mr. M. Cooper - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Anyone who has found themselves, what I call, quoting Miranda or wishing they had a studio audience to share side glances with, will love this product. It shares a lot of similarities with the first tv series but there is still plenty of new comedy gems to be found in here. Brilliant, clean fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miranda is probably my favourite person on TV!, 21 July 2011
Miss S. Hocking (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
I bought this after watching 'Miranda' the Tv Series even though the Audiobook came first. I was worried that after seeing Miranda as a sitcom on the TV, it just wouldn't be the same. After all the TV series is just brilliant with all the Miranda looks to the camera, the falling over etc etc. I was definitely not disappointed. It's equally as brilliant, and a little bit extra special as listening to it allows you to use your imagination anyway.

I've always championed the spoken word and I am always listening to it on long journeys, short journeys and generally at home. It's really funny and although not all the characters are on the audiobook, it's very entertaining and Patricia Hodge is on it and she's just brilliant!

This was meant to be a shorty so I'll leave it at that. Very funny, well written and sounds like a play (i.e not just spoken word but with sound effects etc). JUST BRILL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Fun!!, 2 Jun 2011
Beccles (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Brought as a present for my best friend, and I ended up keeping it instead. Be warned do not do what I did which was to burn it to my IPod, as you may end up getting weird looks from people on the bus like myself when you Laugh very much out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not hideola!, 14 Dec 2012
Keen Reader "lhendry4" (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
I love this cd; I really really hope that more of the series (I presume there were more radio shows?) are released on cd, especially for us a long way from the UK who never get to hear great shows like this on the radio. I was thrilled to find Miranda Hart, and have enjoyed her book, her tv show and now her radio show on this audio cd.

Many of the setups are translated from the radio show to the tv series, but become more visual on the way (for obvious reasons). But the radio show humour is spot on - funny, witty, a little bit rude, but just good-natured jolly good fun. Her co-stars are great, and fit in with the roles perfectly; Miranda's awkward social life is portrayed beautifully in these four episodes, which focus largely on her mother's attempts to marry her off, Stevie's attempts to make a successful business out of the joke shop, and Miranda's attempts to fascinate Gary. Along with these, we meet Miranda's high school chums, and the wonderfully acerbic Clive.

A word of warning: be careful if you listen to these cds in the car, as I did, as I had to pull over a few times because I was crying from laughing so much.

Totally, utterly, enjoyment on a cd - a treasure. Please please please give us some more!

4.0 out of 5 stars I Hart Miranda, 26 Mar 2011
Miss L. Pitcher (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
I ordered this to keep me company on a long train journey - and boy did it do the trick - I was giggling like a school girl!

There is a bit of cross-over with material that you may have seen in her TV show Miranda: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] [2009] Miranda - Series 2 - Complete [DVD] [2010] - but it feels fresh and different.

The problem? Now I want more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Miranda, but very similar to series 1, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Bought this as a birthday present to myself, and though I love Miranda's humour, I've already watched series 1 and 2 of the TV sitcom, and expected an earlier work (and radio show) to be different material. But having listened to all the episodes, they are virtually exactly the same as the series 1 episodes. Miranda uses the exact same jokes, so it's like listening to series 1 but without being able to watch it. However, because I find Miranda so funny, I can listen to it and not get fed up, it's just I was expecting something different. Also, it should be noted that the cast members are exactly the same in this, apart from the voices of Tilly and Clive, and Gary is refered to as Gary Rutt rather than Gary Preston like he is on the TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Brought this for the car as we have all the miranda shows on dvd.Even though you cant see the visuals ,prat falls, glances to the camera etc, you know their there and you still smile.Makes any long journey a pleasure.Result. Buy and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miranda's Joke Shop CD, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Absolutely fab! Would recommend - though to persons over 16 years of age. Laughed so much when driving on a long journey - excellent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio)
Miranda Hart's Joke Shop (BBC Audio) by Miranda Hart (Audio CD - 13 Nov 2008)