Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 December 2015
My children and I adore the Belle and Boo series of books. The illustrations are beautiful. Retro, nostalgic, friendly, cute and adorable.

The adventures of Belle and Boo (and their cute toy friends) are simple and classic. This book was the original one that we found in the local library and it's how we fell in love with Belle & Boo. We've read it over and over. It educates the children about waiting for something (Boo has to wait for his food) which is rare in these days of instant gratification; it's also educational about where our food comes from and in showing children that veggies and fruit are really yummy. The wonderfully slow pace of the books is a tonic for the stresses of modern day living. It will make you want to go and live in the country, cultivate a vegetable patch and to build a tree house.
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2013
We have several Belle and Boo books now. I bought this one with my daughter in mind and it is fairly `girlie' with a fashionably vintage feel, and manages to avoid being pink and about princesses! (Which frankly makes a nice change.)

Boo (the Rabbit) is a fussy eater who prefers cakes and cookies to other types of food. Belle manages to cook up some baked apples with blackberries which show him that fruit can be just as tasty as cake.

The book comes with a pretty and detachable recipe card, which (the irony is not lost on me) is for biscuits!! Go figure!

Still, it's a lovely book and I'd recommend it.
on 21 August 2014
Love love love these books! I bought this for my daughter (2) in a gift pack (small hardback version) with a rolling pin, cookie cutters and (ironically) a recipe for biscuits. She asks for the story Every Night and [spoiler alert!] insists on wibbling and wobbling and crashing along with Mr Lion. This has been her favourite book for some months now and the simplicity, sweetness and illustrations reminiscent of times gone past always make reading this book a pleasure. The Goodnight Kiss and The Birthday Surprise are just as lovely. As my little girl says 'More, please!'.
on 30 August 2014
Yummy Scrummy Day is a charming children's illustrated book written by Mandy Sutcliffe. It forms part of the Belle and Boo series.

The story follows Belle as she tries to convince Boo to eat something healthy. This is a lovely little story to inspire fussy eaters to try fruit and vegetable. It is a book that can be read to a younger child or a child who is starting to read may enjoy.

The illustrations are quaint and have a relaxing look to them, making the book an ideal book to be read at bedtime.
on 21 April 2013
Lovely addition to our belle & boo collection. Beautifully illustrated. And the story is good for little ones with a 'sweet tooth' - which emphasises that fruit & vegetable are just as tasty as cake & cookies!
Arrived well in advance.
Extremely happy
on 31 December 2015
Delighted with yet another Belle & Boo book which our daughter squealed with delight at when she unwrapped it for her 4th birthday. Now a regular story at bed time.
on 6 December 2015
These books are always amazing.
As my husband always says, they're the type of bedtime stories that capture a little girls imagination
on 27 June 2014
My daughter (2.5) and I love Belle and Boo. Sweet stories and beautiful old fashioned illustrations. Would recommend to anyone!
on 22 April 2013
Beautifully illustrated book, with a really sweet story that my two girls of 3 and 5 both loved and asked to hear again.
Truly great, classic book. Our three year old loves this book, it's well written and fantastically illustrated.