Out of Sight, Out of Time
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£5.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Cammie Morgan wakes up in a convent high in the alps with no shoes, no journal and no memory of her Summer. When Cammie arrives home she has to pick up the pieces and figure out what happened.
She doesnt know who to trust,where to turn to when she arrives home. It feels to Cammie like no one trusts her. No one knows what shes capable of. But together with aunt Abby, her mum, Zach her boyfriend (who stayed at the gallgher academy for the rest of the term),Bex ,Liz and Macey they have to find out what happened.
If you read this book you'll find out how Mr. Soloman is and you will also be re-united with a character from "Dont Judge A Girl By Her Cover."
I'm in my teens and I loved this book! I wasn't able to put this down and you wont be able to either!
This book had more twists and turns than a maze and was highly engaging.
SMALL SPOILERS:
I also loved how they stopped of in Ireland near the end of the book, not just because I live there!
HERES A LITTLE PIECE OF THE BOOK:

"I..." I heard my voice trail off, my thoughts centring on the single thing I really had to know. "Are you afraid of me Zach?"
"No."
I looked at him, felt my hands shake and my voice break as I whispered, "I am."

This book is brilliant and I'd highly recommened it. 10/10.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
WARNING: This review may contain spoilers for those who have not read the previous four books in the series.

At the end of Only The Good Spy Young, Cammie was just sneaking out of Gallagher Academy having decided that she was a putting everyone else's lives at risk by being around her. Out of Sight, Out of Time begins with Cammie in a strange place and she has absolutely no recollection of how she got there. She's in extremely bad shape and according to the nun who's with her when she wakes up, she's been sleeping for six whole days. To make matters worse, it turns out that four months have passed since Cammie left her family and friends at Gallagher Academy and she hasn't got the faintest idea what she was doing during those four months or how she came to be in a nunnery in the Alps. As soon as Cammie can, she calls for help and is reunited with her friends and family, but things will never be the same for Cammie. Cammie has been badly damaged by the traumatic events that have befallen her during the past four months and though she can't remember any of it, it's evident that it wasn't a breezy summer vacation for Cammie. She left Gallagher Academy to seek out the Circle of Cavan, who were trying to kidnap her for unknown reasons, but with a really bad case of amnesia, we have no idea whether or not she found them and if she did, what happened. Cammie's world has been turned completely upside down with her family and friends treating her like a ticking time bomb, but she's determined to get her memory back, no matter how painful those memories might be.

So if you've been reading my reviews, you'll know that my excitement about this series has grown and grown and grown with every book and Out of Sight, Out of Time was so much better than I expected it would be. It was quite removed from the setting of the other books as a lot of it was spent away from Gallagher Academy and its academic setting and things were much more about spies in the field. This book was absolutely filled with mystery and action. The reader is just as much in the dark as Cammie is as to what happened during those four months when she was away and gradually little snippets of information are leaked out and a larger picture begins to form. This book was in no way shape or form preditable and I had absolutely no idea what to expect (quite a feat for a young adult book these days). There are so many plot twists as the story unfolds and I love that they weren't exclusive to the main Cammie storyline but they also included other characters. In my previous review, I said that the plot had started to hone in on the main storyline involving Cammie and the Circle of Cavan, but I think it started to branch out again in Out of Sight, Out of Time as there were lots of insights into the pasts/presents of many other characters. The main supporting characters hasn't changed much at all this series and it still includes: Zach, Joe Solomon, Ms Morgan (Cammie's mom), Aunt Abby, Bex, Liz and Macey.

This book is wonderfully written and you just can't help but flick through page after page trying to race your way to the end. As Cammie is suffering from Amnesia, there is the feeling that everything is shrouded in mist at the beginning of the book and as the story unfolds, the mist gradually fades away. Perhaps mist isn't the best example because it doesn't capture just how exciting everything about this was but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the story was brilliantly structured so that the clues revealed themselves slowly as the plot unraveled.

I've mentioned in my previous reviews that this series has gradually been losing its humorous tone and that has continued into book five but it is definitely not a bad thing. The plot line has developed wonderfully into more serious and mature ground and as Cammie has grown up from a naive and sheltered spy in training to an experienced field operations spy, you can detect a distinctive change in tone. I think that underneath, she's still very much the same girl that we met back in book one, but she's been forced to grow up due to the number of life threatening situations she has been (and still is) in. In some of the other books I've read Cammie's thoughts and been incredibly irritated by how blind and naive she could be, but now, I believe everything that she believes. The fact that this story is written from Cammie's point of view works very well with this book as you're completely absorbed in Cammie's thoughts as she battles through her memory loss. As a reader, you are sucked into the main character's mind and start to feel everything that she went through which only makes the reading experience that much better. At some points I really felt like I was living vicariously through Cammie and that's all down to the brilliance of Ally Carter's writing.

I was under the impression that this was the last in the Gallagher Girls series, but turns out it isn't! Not quite sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I suppose it's a good thing because there's more to this story, but I'm going to go crazy waiting for the next book to come out! Thankfully this book doesn't end on too much of a cliffhanger but I'm still dying to find out what happens next.

[...]
on 27 September 2013
I love these books. Ally Carter's a genius :)
So the story ended at the beginning of summer in the last book (Only the Good Spy Young) and this book starts at the end of the summer. For the first time in the series, some major things have happened between two books, and it makes for an interestingly different dynamic. Cammie's complete memory loss was really fun to read, as she tries to think and remember how she spent her summer on the run.
The plot thickens. The love deepens. The friendships crack, then knit back together stronger than before. I loved the way that Cammie and Bex's relationship changed, because it showed not all friendships are infallible. All BFFs argue.
There were plenty of Zammie moments, so yay :) I think Zach's so sweet with how he wants to protect Cammie.
One of my fave characters, Townsend, reappears, which I found fabulous. Him and Abby are hilarious together, I thought their bickering was so funny I was actually laughing out loud.
Of course if you love the series you should buy and read this one. If you're new to the series, the first book's LYKY (google it.) But I will say don't be discouraged by the first book. It's my least favourite, I think all of the others are a million times better. This one was the best yet, as more secrets were unravelled and stories revealed. The danger was more real than ever before, too, which made the whole thing so much more exciting. Definitely recommend this book.
on 6 October 2014
What can I say, ANOTHER exceptional novel from the Gallagher Girls series, I am speechless, utterly speechless!
Cammie Morgan has awoken in the Alps under the care of nuns, she only remembers leaving the Gallagher Academy, but the rest of summer is blank. As Cammie and her friends go on a dangerous journey to uncover the mysteries of Cammie's lost memories, what they find makes Cammie wish she had never remembered.

Cammie is an intelligent, determined, indépendant and truly-awesome character! Like before, she stays calm, plans efficiently and can be very secretive at times. However, she is very professional at all times and is not deterred from near-impossible situations. She is kind, friendly and will always do whats best for her friends and family. We also get experiences from Zach, their relationship is very adorable.

The plot of this novel, as always, was truly gripping and engaging; I can never tell what Carter will do next! The use of amnesia in the novel really highlights the emotions of the frustration Cammie feels and it adds a vulnerability to her. And that ending!? Where did that come from!? I would never have thought of that conclusion, but it seemed so fitting!

This is ANOTHER wonderful and explosive sequel to the Gallagher Girls series of which all must read.
on 1 April 2012
I am an avid reader of the Gallagher Girls series and so when this book that I had pre-ordered arrived a few days early I was extremely happy! and of course this book did not disappoint.

I'm wondering if this book even has a boring chapter, one of those chapters that is not needed like many other books but this book honestly has action throughout and every single word in this book is the lead up to something exciting!

I loved the way the author handled Cammie's memory loss, the way we were finding out with Cammie what had happened to her really worked and made the reader really relate to Cammie because we are in the dark as well and I loved discovering what happened to Cammie at the same time she does.

Ally Carter really handled some key aspects and themes in these books especially in relation to Cammie's mind where Ally seemed to really know what she was talking about.

I really like the way a lot of background characters really seemed to come out of themselves such as Rachel Morgan who really took a big role in this book which seemed to pay off. Zach is also a key element in this book which I'm sure many people will enjoy! I also love the way Ally can make the reader hate a character one second and then love them the next which is especially key to Bex in this story who also takes on a lead role.

I would defiantly recommend this book, but I think fairly obviously you HAVE to have read the other books first, I honestly couldn't imagine reading this without having the background knowledge of the previous books.

This book is defiantly darker than the previous, everything Cammie goes through is complexed and I loved the way Cammie appears to be lost as much as the reader is and how well you can relate to Cammie, as I said before it really is non-stop action whereas the other books have been more of a lead up to an exciting event.

My only criticism is that the next book in the series is over a year away and of course Ally Carter had to leave us on another cliff hanger! But if this book is anything to go by then it will be worth the wait!
on 11 January 2014
I have only been reading this series a week and I am starting book 6 already! I wont reveal too much about this book but you really learn alot more about Cammie's relationship with many of the other characters, primarily Bex and Zach- who have something to hide it seems! It is really intriqueing trying to piece the puzzle together of what happened to Cammie during the summer and if I am being totally honest I never completely understood what did- but be prepared for some shocks! Two characters return and if I am not mistaken we begin to Abby and Townsend starting to get along! I know this sounds complety stupid but if you really want to understand this book then I would recommend listening to the following song before reading it: Breathe by Taylor Swift [...] It seems really stupid, but just listen to lyrics-particuly those of verses 3 and 4. If you havnt already guessed, in this book Cammie returns to the Gallagher academy after the summer break and whilst two of her friends seem normal, one of them is acting very different towards her. What's changed between Cammie and Bex? read the book to find out.
on 23 April 2012
This is the fifth book in the Gallagher Girls series. I read it in two days for there are constant cliff hanging endings! Cammie Morgan has lost her memory from over the summer and must, with the help from her family and friends, find out what she really knew. I was at first disappointed about the loss of memory, but the way Ally Carter has written it is absolutely amazing. This book is a definite page turner full of non-stop excitement and suspense. I recommend this book mainly to girls of a certain age, maybe 11 to 17.
It's absolutely fabulous, not to miss!
on 28 April 2012
I love the whole series but this one has to be the best book. It's full of twists and turns that keep you entertained! The book starts where the 4th (The only good spy young) left off. I personally love how we are on the same page as Cammmie, she doesn't remember summer so we don't know, nothing-no vital information-has been left out. Personally Bex got on my nerves but glad to know she warmed up. Zach is probably one of my favourite characters behind Cammie. His love for Cammie is so sweet. I also love how we finish where number 4 started and we also get into how Cammie is feeling. I love how we see what Cammie see's, we know as much as she does. Plus we also get to have our own idea's of what might happen. This book is more about Cammie's view and how she has changed, how the experience of not remembering and feeling the urge to remember. I also like how they bring back other characters.

Over-all it's an amazing read (that I've read about 7 times) and you will enjoy every moment of it, hopefully. Can't wait 'till the last one *sigh*
on 19 August 2014
I can't put these books down. I want to start the heist society but I can't until I finish the last book. Actually I can't start another book until I read number 6. These books are a must read. Ally Carter is the female version of Anthony Horowitz. Her books at gold. I can't even describe how hooked I get on these. It's a shame she doesn't write more Gallagher Girl books. I wish Ally could write a new series about Cammie's, Bex's, Liz's and Macey's kids (if they have any.) I don't think any book I ever read as a teen will match up to this. I just can't believe she writes such good books. I never would've guessed they'd be this good. All I did was pick a book in my local bookstore and I never went back. All the books keep on getting better and better.
on 25 July 2012
this is an amazing book with a story line that no one else would have thought of. i like this book best out of all the gallagher girls series because of the plot lines and the context, the detail and everything else that makes the book so very perfect. i was so glad that this book had a five star review as it really deserves it.
i love it at the start as cammie is confused and so are we. i love how the mystery of how cammie's father and how he died is explored and explained. i think it great how there were some parts that made me cry and some that i laughed at, the book is so full of drama and action.
it is one of the best books i have ever read and i really hope ally carter releases another in the gallagher girls series.