on 17 January 2011
My daughter has a set of these in her Yr 6 classroom. I bought them as they offer a shortened version of Shakespeare in an easy to digest way.
My older daughter who is at senior school dips into them as well as they give her the whole picture when she has to plough through the fuller version at school. They are well presented and easy to read, well worth the money.
on 12 May 2014
I bought the set for my son when he was 10. He read a few but probably less than half of these. I read a similar number of them.
They are short and easy to read so anything that makes Shakespeare accessible is good
but
I think these are better for younger readers because for my son at ten they seemed too simplistic, I will introduce my younger children to them at about 7 or 8.
For me as an adult who loves Shakespeare's slapstick comedies I was disappointed that these seemed to lack a lot of the very things that are best in the originals - either parts of the story or some of the humour - perhaps inevitable in a very short abridged version.
Also, I found that in places the writing did not flow very smoothly.
on 15 March 2011
Fabulous set of story versions of Shakespeare's classic plays. I'm an English teacher and these are a great way to get kids of all ages (or adults for that matter) into what the plays are about. They can help remove the fear of Shakespearean language and help readers get to grips with what are essentially superbly crafted, timeless tales.
on 21 April 2012
A marvellous introduction of Shakespeare to 7 year olds. My boy is hooked on the stories by this "dude" Shakespeare. I hope he will still like him when it comes to GCSEs,
on 14 December 2011
These books are a valuable resource for the introduction of some of shakespeares works. They seem to grasp the core of the story, promping you as a reader to investigate more about the play.
Brilliant buy, the seller was promt and Amazon yet again makes the transition of sale easy to do and understand.
on 28 April 2014
Fantastic value for 16 books. Perfect for my little girl who 7 and is obsessed with Shakespeare! She has no trouble reading these books and they are specially adapted for children to read. Very easy for children to understand. Just brilliant. Definitely a recommended read.
on 27 May 2012
I saw a midsummer nights dream at London and I really liked it so I decided to get this book set.
I have read one a night and liked the gruesome ones best.
My favourites were Macbeth and Hamlet.
I suggest these books to 7-12 year olds because they are easy to read but still enjoyable.
I would certainly recommend these books to children like me to start learning about Shakespeare.

Joshua,age 10
on 14 May 2013
I wanted to introduce my 8 year old to something different to read. He's intrigued in that the books only arrived yesterday and he's on to his third one! They are not difficult to read and I wanted to share my love of Shakespeare with him. A good buy:)
on 17 July 2016
I'm very pleased with this collection. It's a good introduction to Shakespeare and my 8 years old was glued to it from the start. After getting through them in a week, she is reading them again now n then as she likes them so much.
on 10 June 2014
I've been reading these with my ten and seven year old boys. They love them, especially the gory stories like Macbeth and King Lear! They often draw characters and scenes and listen. They're a great intro to Shakespeare.