Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2013
Bought this book for my 2 year grandson who loves phases he can join in 'reading'. He and his 4 year old brother have loved many other books by this author and this was no disappointment - another big hit. The descriptive language in all Margaret Mayo's books is wonderful and the rhyme lends itself to children remembering and joining in. By chance the book arrived when I was due to stay at my other daughter's home, before seeing my grandson. She is an Infant teacher and happened to be doing a Space week with her Year 1 class(6 year olds). She borrowed the book for a day and said her class gained so much from the story - so the book is extremely versatile for 2 - 6 years olds!
on 6 May 2013
What an awful book. My 2 year old loves rockets and this prompted my purchase of this book. However, there is only one page with an actual rocket on it; the rest are poor images of satellites and lunar modules. Yawn! The book does not even have the rhythm and fun of Emergency! by the same author. Instead, there are poorly constructed sentences that make no sense. The punctuation alone is ridiculous. I wonder how many sales of this book can be attributed to the attractive front cover. If your child loves rockets and SEEING rockets, you'll find this book a real let down. One to avoid.
on 15 December 2013
This book is great my son is 3 and really gets into it.
He knows the whole book, it's very neat and catchy,
He doesn't get bored of reading it,
Would recommend to parents who like to read along with their children and get enjoyment out of it too
on 5 January 2016
If you in any way believe in gender equality, then don't buy books by this author! I have 2 of them that were given to my sons and they are full of images of men at work. Not good for positive female roll models. Very disappointed.
on 7 January 2013
My 20 month old daughter made me read this book to her every night when I first I bought it. She sat on my lap going 'Zhoom, Zhoom' with the Playmobil Rocket that I bought at the same time. Now aged 3, the book still occasionally comes out and is still enjoyed.

The rhythms are strong and the illustrations bold and colourful, there is no real need to teach a toddler about Mars rovers and space probes but it works for me. The book takes at most 5 minutes to read but has proven to be good value.

If you're a geek dad who is uninspired by yet another story of Princesses and Fairies, buy it.
on 27 November 2013
My nephew loves this book and now has several by this author. Would recommend this book and the rest of the titles in this range. Great reads!
on 6 November 2013
but i thought that it will be more pages and look more fun for kids inside. but my son love it anyway.
on 17 April 2016
I bought this for my three and a half year old - not enough going on and not enough of a story for her. Brightly coloured and well illustrated for younger readers though.
on 29 July 2014
Is a bit old for my grandson but am sure that he will grow into it and love it like he does the Dig Dig Digging book in the same series.
on 24 April 2014
My 2 year olds favourite book. We love that this book uses some more complicated and new words. A bedtime hit and often requested!