Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

This book is really a delight. It starts with a little boy, whistling happily as he walks through the jungle. Unfortunately... well, things happen to him. A lion chases him, but fortunately he climbs a tree. Unfortunately, there is a snake up the tree. You get the idea. Along the way the little boy finds a little girl and the hilarious happenings continue as they lurch from one disaster to another, always staying one step ahead, or so we hope... My 6 and 3 year old laughed all the way through and asked for it again and again. The boy and girl look very similar to the ones in "Peas" (same illustrator) and so my daughter immediately thought they were the same children. This is a very enjoyable story, funny and clever and great to read aloud.
on 7 December 2011
My four and six year old got this out of the local library and liked it so much that I bought it for them.
They love to see the situations change from good to bad and back again and often at the end of the book they keep going with their own ideas about what might happen next
on 12 May 2011
The jungle can be a very dangerous place, even on a nice summer's day when it appears quite safe to the boy strolling through it, whistling and carefree. Just how many times can one little boy (and his friend) escape what looks like a very grisly fate? Well, fortunately, there seem to be endless ways to escape from what look like impossible situations, but unfortunately... This book is full of hilarity and the unexpected - who would believe so much danger lurks unseen? The text flows through the stunning illustrations which are by Simon Rickerty, a new illustrator. Great fun.
on 30 March 2016
This is a super book on problem and resolutions. The children loved learning these two new words: fortunately and unfortunately.
on 28 May 2016
Wickedly funny picture book, my 5 and 8 year old love it. Not for those who insist on happy endings, but my kids found it hilarious.
on 21 May 2011
Adapting a story line from many other great kids books like "It could be worse..." this book tells the adventure of a little boy in the jungle. The illustrations are terrific and make this book worth buying, but the storyline is fairly weak with a disappointing ending. The narrative also uses some fairly advanced language which whilst great for giving your child exposure to some scrabble winning terms, doesn't really aid the flow of the storyline.
on 5 October 2015
Children loved it
on 17 March 2012
I stumbled across this story at a friend's house and had to get hold of a copy (although at the time my son was only a month old). I've read this hilarious tale to my child many times over the past months- and I can't get bored of it!

Every situation the children get themselves in is amusing, and the text which accompanies the fantastic drawings is excellent. The conclusion to the tale is brilliant. Unfortunately should become a modern classic- it should be up there with the Julia Donaldsons of the world!
on 22 May 2014
I only brought this because my nephew saw it advertised in the back of another book and kept asking for it. He seems to like it. I'm not sure the story seems slightly odd to me. But in terms of auntie brownie points it was a success!
on 5 March 2013
a lovely story for little ones. clean and interesting illustrations. will probably be more suited for boys than girls but enjoyable nonetheless