5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
Welcome to The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, an all-girls school located just outside of Roseville, Virginia. Anyone looking at this elite private boarding school would see just what The Gallagher Academy wants you to see--a preppy school for privileged girls, complete with a guardhouse and stone wall to keep the curious away from their precious charges...
Published on 14 Oct 2006 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars Fresh idea, just not my cup of tea
While I enjoyed reading something different to my comfort soon, I wouldn't say this book gripped me in any way. If I'm being honest, I think given its target audience I was never really going to connect 100% to the characters because I'm not a teenager anyone as much as I wish still was, and though they may not have acted like it all the time, there was moments when they...
Published 2 months ago by StacieSnape

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gallagher girls 01 I'd tell you I love you but then I'd have to kill you, 27 July 2014
This book was great!
It is one of those books that you just can't put down and you don't want to put down
At some parts it is very tense and exciting and in other parts it's very sad
I very much enjoyed this book and would recommend it very much although it takes a few pages to actually get into the book

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Gallagher Girls: 01: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You (Paperback)
This one made me laugh. I liked the School and the whole idea behind it - and I really like the main characters. Cammie was fun and witty and I enjoyed having the story told from her point of view. Her friends Liz, Bex and Macey were great fun too! Especially Bex - she was my favourite and I loved her driving! Josh was interesting but the romance between him and Cammie only had my passing interest. I enjoyed the 'spy' stuff much more.

I admit it's a bit silly at times but I got the impression it wasn't supposed to be taken too seriously. The action scenes were my favourite part - and I liked how they were injected with humour. The final action scene had me laughing out loud.

This is going to be a guilty pleasure of mine. For some reason I feel as if I shouldn't have liked it but I did. I really did - and I can't wait for the next in the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars First book I've read by her!!!, 10 July 2014
I chose 5 stars because it was really interesting and I was eager to go on and read it! I liked this book because it's interesting and adventurous but it also has a hint of romance in it! if you like that sort of thing then I would reccomend it to you! especially if you are the age 10-15 and upwards!!! I thought it was so good and I can't wait to read the next one!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Great quality. Delivered quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Jun 2014
The best spy book I have ever read! Ally Carter is a very good and inspirational writer and I can not Waite to read the next book in the series. I would definitely recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing YA Spy Novel, 13 May 2014
I'd Tell You I Love You is the first teen spy novel in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. I'd heard a lot about the series before I started reading it but when I saw the first book was on offer on iBooks, I snapped up the chance to read it. The series is about a girls' school for spies disguised to the outside world as a school for geniuses. The concept of a spy school for the most elite teen girls really interested me as it's not an idea I've read before and I think Ally Carter exceeded my expectations on this particular idea. There is a huge emphasis on the girls, in particular the protagonist Cammie, being exceptionally talented. The girls know fourteen languages, how to kill a man seven different ways and can break CIA codes, but lack the 'ordinary' social skills most girls know, such as how to talk to a boy.

Other than the fact the book is based on spy school, it is a typical story of a young girls first romantic relationship and how she deals with these new experiences. I would definitely recommend this book as it's a great addition to the YA genre. I will be reading the other books in the series when I get a chance but for now, I'd love to know your thoughts on the first book if you've read it

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good book, 11 May 2014
Good read I will read the next few books by ally Carter. I really enjoyed it . A good book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 May 2014
Really enjoyed this book! I recommend it for any teenage girl who enjoys romantic novels. Can't wait to read the rest

1.0 out of 5 stars not the best book., 1 May 2014
This book is rather confusing and I just really couldn't get into it. I got so far through and then stopped reading because it didn't suck me in like some books do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 April 2014
At first I wasn't really sure if it's the sort of book that I would like. But I was wrong. The book had really interesting characters in it and a amazing plot. It's really got a little bit of everything, action, romance,sadness,friendship. I highly recommend this book for girls who don't like anything too like fighting but like a good book about a teenage girl spy on her first adventure!

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›