Format: Paperback|Change

This is a different kind of Beast Quest book. For the uninitiated, Beast Quest is a series of books where a young boy called Tom has to take on daring quests to save his world from various beasts conjured up, or enchanted, by the evil wizard Malvel. Instead of just a normal story that you read straight through, you get to make decisions whilst reading this book, and your decisions determine the outcome. In this book YOU have joined up with Tom and Elenna and get to help them to defeat the evil wizard Malvel. It is divided up into small sections/chapters of story, (usually just around a page long), and at the end of each of these sections you get a choice of two actions. Decide what you'd like to do and then turn to the indicated chapter number to continue on with the story.

There are ten possible endings in this book, so it is possible to read through it several times making different decisions to see what else could have happened. The book itself didn't take my six year old long to get through - not as long as one of the normal Beast Quest books - but he thoroughly enjoyed the story and "taking part" in the book. We'll be looking out for more books like this for him in the future.

A quick word of warning, though. If you're currently making your way through the Beast Quest series, as we are, then there is a "spoiler" right at the start of the book where Taladon makes an appearance, (he's still missing, presumed dead where we're up to in the series!). If this is a problem then you might want to finish the regular Beast Quest books first!

Thoroughly recommended for any children who are enjoying the Beast Quest books and might like something slightly different.
on 14 February 2011
This book is awesome because you have to make your own decisions which makes you feel like you are really in the team and helping with the quest.

There are lots of paths, so there are lots of different ways to get to the end.......and sometimes the quest fails!!!!!!!
on 25 June 2014
The story line was really good and my seven year old child enjoyed it, but he read it in about 10 minutes!
on 17 December 2012
I bought 'Beast Quest Master your own destiny' for my 7 year old nephew who has Autism. He is a fan of Beast Quest, has all the books in all the series, so, I thought he would like this one. He loved it because it is Beast Quest but he got confused about the ending, where you have to choose your own. I forgot that he needs to read one ending, and not having to choose or imagine one. Otherwise, from an adult point of view, it is a fantastic book and I am sure that children without any difficulties will appreciate it because it leave them free to decide of a happy ending or a spooky one...
on 15 December 2013
My son loves these books. There are only 3 of these choose your own adventure type though. I wish they did more for him.
on 14 January 2013
A book for my 10 year old daughter that I loved as a kid and she got as much pleasure from it as I used too brilliant
on 2 May 2010
My son's are both huge fans of the beast quest books and really enjoyed this one. My eldest read it as soon as it arrived.
on 2 May 2010
A fantastic range of books, These books inspired my son to read more and more.
on 24 August 2011
My son thought this book was great!!! It also meant that the book lastest as he kept trying to find new stories in it.
on 25 June 2011
Arrived quickly - great condition - My son loved it to bits, especially being able to change the endings! Great fun.