5.0 out of 5 stars Stomptastic!
Published on 7 Oct 2011 by M. Drewry

1.0 out of 5 stars Go away, book, go away
I feel obliged to warn parents contemplating buying this book.

Published on 8 Sep 2011 by Arni

5.0 out of 5 stars Stomptastic!, 7 Oct 2011
M. Drewry (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
Well despite Arni's review I went I bought it anyway given our 2 year old loves both stomping and dinosaurs. I've got no complaints, the names of the dinosaurs are spelt pho-net-ical-ly on both the front and back inside covers, so it isn't hard to learn any you're unfamiliar with. Sure I'll admit the storyline isn't up there with Chekhov but for a 2 year old (who likes stomping) it's more than adequate, and to my ear at least, it rhythmically flows as much as can be expected. Having loved the formula of 'Choo choo clickety clack' my dinosaur loving son is very happy with the formula, and can't wait to get going on 'Dig, Dig, Digging' too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dino fun for 4 year olds!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
Great book for any 3-4 year old dinosaur mad boy - we have read it every night since it arrived!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
my nearly 4 year old loves it, lovely design, bright colours and a catchy verse on each page. Good, great.

4.0 out of 5 stars another great title, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
My son loves clickety clack trains, dig dig digging and emergency, so wanting to branch out a bit we went for stomp. The illustrations are lovely and the pronunciations are great for the grown-ups!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old loves this, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
Bought this after my 2 year old loved "dig,dig,diggers" for months and we fancied a bit of variety to read to him so bought a selection of books by the same author/illustrator. Stomp Dinosaur Stomp is now a firm favourite. The rhymes don't always flow quite as easily to read as they do in "dig dig diggers" but as my son wants us to read this book repeatedly we soon got the knack of them and both my husband and I enjoy reading it to him. I like that each page has a rhyme about a characteristic of a different dinosaur so you can discuss the differences with your child. The illustrations are colourful and engaging and the pages with all the dinosaurs on at the beginning and end are a great opportunity to discuss which one is your child's favourite and what they have learned about them. I am sure our baby daughter will also grow up loving this book. Overall I am delighted I bought it. It isn't quite as brilliant as "dig, dig, diggers" but comes pretty close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
This is my three year old son's favourite dinosaur book. He has learnt the names of all the dinosaurs from the pictures at the beginning of the book and now pretty much knows the book by heart! He loves the rhythm of the words and the description of what each dinosaur does. This is a must have book for all dinosaur lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stomp review, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
I recently sent Stomp to a two year old. His mother writes "He wanted to read it as soon as he opened the parcel. Great rhythm and rhymes. I think it is a lovely book"

5.0 out of 5 stars A very welcome gift!, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
My son loves dinosaurs and was given this for his birthday so is my first experience of books by Margaret Mayo. My son loves it and loves repeating the repetitive phrases, even trying to say the names of the dinosaurs! I love reading it too, the bolder the word is printed the louder I say it! It's a really fun read and provides great interaction with a dinosaur mad 2 year old. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Go away, book, go away, 8 Sep 2011
Arni (Gota, Faroe Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) (Paperback)
I feel obliged to warn parents contemplating buying this book.

I thought I should give "Stomp, Dinosaur. Stomp" a try because my daughter liked Margaret Mayo's "Emergency!" and she loves dinosaurs. Seemed like the perfect book for her. But after attempting several times to read it aloud, I deliberately hid it where my daughter would never see it, so she would not request I read it ever again. I've never seen a children's book that is as hard to read as this one. The dinosaur names in themselves are difficult enough, but the effort needed to get them right might have been justified if there was a good and well composed story line. Well, there isn't a story line at all. The book just lists something that the individual dinosaurs might do. Like stomping, in T-Rex's case. Which is quite uninteresting in itself. But this is made worse by the insanely awkward composition. There are no creative rhymes, no rhythm and the seemingly nihilistic randomness of it all is extremely grating. Looking at Margaret Mayo's other books, it seems she uses this same style of composition in all of them. Who on earth thought that was a good idea?! I can only conclude that she thought she had hit upon some sort of winning formula and decided to put out a number of books because it would be so easy. The composition is so bad it really could have been done by a computer.

Don't buy this horrible book. If you do, you will end up resenting your child for wanting you to read it. It's that bad.

Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go)
Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! (On the Go) by Margaret Mayo (Paperback - 6 Jan 2011)
4.79