My daughter already has this book and I am buying another as a gift for a three year old who always asks for the 'Dinosaur book' when he comes to visit.

This is a beautifully illustrated story about a big bully of a dinosaur who meets his match when he encounters little Hal!

Hal stands his ground against the 'Dirty Great Dinosaur' and with the help...
Published on 28 Feb 2010 by Josie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Really like the illustrations but not the easiest book to read as there are parts with no words just pictures, so you have to ad-lib to a certain extent. My 1.5 year old daughter likes it though.
Published 14 months ago by Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any child who loves Dinosaurs and Spaghetti Bolognaise!, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)

Hal stands his ground against the 'Dirty Great Dinosaur' and with the help of his dog Billy they teach the dinosaur a 'Great Big Lesson' - not to be a bully!

This book is not only delightful, but a good way to teach children (and dinosaurs!) a very valuable lesson in a light hearted way.

In the end, the dinosaur sees the error of his ways and they end the best of friends over a big bowl of spaghetti bolognaise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a Delight!!, 4 Sep 2010
A. G. Young "youngie" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
A friend bought this for my 3 year old 2 weeks ago, and I've been forced to read this every night ever since as my son is delighted with it. I didn't think it would be his thing as he finds dinosaurs a "little bit scary" and usually takes a while to come round to a new book, but both the text and illustrations have him entranced.

I think the appeal is the simplicity of the text, and for children who love to learn their favourite books off by heart this is ideal. Already my son is quoting lots of simple favourite lines, and even the title is loved as he finds it funny to dramatise the phrase "The Dirty Great Dinosaur".

The illustrations are fabulous, and there's so much happening in them it's great to encourage little ones to tell you what's happening in the story through the drawings.

All in all great verse & wonderful pictures combine to make a great book. I'm surpised it's not better known on here, but hopefully that will change in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture book for toddlers, 16 Feb 2010
A. Shepherd (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
I love the art work in this book. Its creative, eye catching, and humourous. It tells the story in itself. The story (which in fact is told just as well by the excellent pictures) is simple and playful enough to delight my 3 year old. He adores this book and sits happily looking at the pictures and 'reading' the story to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur story with a moral., 17 April 2013
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
My 2 year old 'dino' mad grandson loved this book - he wanted me to read it at bedtime every night during the week I stayed. Quite a mouthful to keep repeating 'said the dirty great dinosaur' throughout the book but as he enjoyed it so much, I did! The other difficulty in reading the story was that sometimes the story went across to the opposite page before following on down the page! However the joy it gave to my grandson made it all worth the effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 30 Jun 2014
len angus (Edinburgh, Midlothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Grand children love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery and a great book, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
Luckily I got this book through amazon prime as my daughter was super excited for it so I got it the next day and she loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
we are currently studying dinosaurs in our class and this book is great to read to the children and the pictures are clear and colourful.

5.0 out of 5 stars my 2 year old loves this story, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
my 2 year old loves this story and it is a daily read. he even acts out the story with his toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
My little boy is now back in dinosaurs and this book is great. Lovely pictures and a fair amount of actual story which is what we were looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 Sep 2013
J DYER "Jane Austen D." (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dirty Great Dinosaur (Paperback)
this is a lovely book for toddlers and above who love their dinosaurs and who just love a fun story.
Great pictures that the children can enjoy as they share your reading it with them.

The Dirty Great Dinosaur
The Dirty Great Dinosaur by Martin Waddell (Paperback - 3 Sep 2009)
5.24