5.0 out of 5 stars useful
i bought this item me and my partner for ielts test. very useful we like it rec.for other people thanks
Published 23 months ago by enci28

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived 24 hours later than promised
I taught a 3 week IELTS preparation course at a university during the summer. On my students' behalf, I put in a bulk order for the textbook, which Amazon promised to deliver the next day. Despite the incoming email to say they were on their way, the books arrived 24 hours later than promised, leaving me with last-minute photo-copying and disappointed students...
Published on 12 Sep 2012 by RG

4.0 out of 5 stars book review, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS NE Book/CD Pack (Paperback)
book is good,
but it was sent too too too slowly!!
I wait it for almost two weeks.
I hope that I will have a quicker dipatch on my next shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 14 Jan 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived 24 hours later than promised, 12 Sep 2012

The book claimed to be ideal for a short, intensive course, which mine was. However, the reading preambles bored the ss and there just weren't enough RP writing exercises.I had to provide quite a bit of groundwork myself for Writing Tasks 1+2, otherwise the ss wouldn't have been adequately prepared for the exam. On the other hand, the speaking and listening input was focused, if light on Listening Section 4.

On the whole, the textbook seemed stodgy. It did provide an organisational skeleton, but its input on skills turned out not to be meaty enough, leaving me with masses to do, besides the usual!

3.0 out of 5 stars HAVE YOU CONSIDERED USING A LIBRARY?, 14 Jan 2014
Writing on behalf of Omar, an Arab Student staying with me for 4 years, he tells me this book is very good and worth its weight in gold as they say. However, he found that after just 3 months the book was of no use to him and had the necessity to purchase another set of books of a higher level. In conclusion he said, it is better to share the book among friends or a group and share the cost when updating to a higher level. This is to save fees which as you Students know, fees are high enough as they are!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 15 Nov 2014
LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, 12 Dec 2013
This book is good if you have enrolling for ielts corse, otherwise I don't recommend , only recommend if teacher are expanding to you, cause it's a book that you have to study in group,

Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS NE Book/CD Pack
Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS NE Book/CD Pack by Judith Wilson (Paperback - 17 Jun 2010)