Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 September 2011
A perfect revision guide for "Romeo and Juliet". I was unsure whether to purchase at first but after looking through the other revision guides about the play i decided that this one was the best one to get and i was right. This book is perfect, clearly outlining the plot and structure as well as notes about certain aspects of the book, it has helped me massively and would recommend to anyone studying the play to buy.
on 8 January 2011
Purchased for GSCE Coursework and wouldn't have been without it, everyone wanted a look, so told them to go buy your own!! No seriously very good book with lots of detail.
on 10 April 2011
We bought this for my son for his English GCSE coursework. He HATES Shakespeare and finds it difficult to read it let alone write an essay on it. He got an A for his coursework on Romeo and Juliet using these notes( with a lot of effort) which was amazing. He did reference it at the end of the essay. Must be very accessible. He is very able in maths not so in English.
on 19 April 2014
I was expecting a little more detail, but it provided clear keywords and exam tips. A good buy, but it is less helpful if you only want to solidify your knowledge for the higher grades; it is more for those trying to boost their grade - giving clear and concise but basic information and keywords.
on 10 March 2013
I'm glad I bought this in the end - as the glossary and exam and controlled assessment adivce at the end is quite good, as well as the information on themes. HOWEVER, the majority of the book was of little use as it only told me the story which I already knew, and so do the examiners. The good information here, is very good - although there is little of it. Despite the majority of its inutitlity however, I do recommened it but it certainly is not essential.
on 2 November 2015
This is a great book for any GCSE student.
My daughter loves it; it sets out the play in a way teenagers can understand, and explains things in well set out sections, so she can spend a little or a long amount of time, reading just one section or lots!
The explanation of the storyline is great- you can read in great detail everything you could ever want to know about the story, or just a brief summary, which my daughter found especially nice, just to recap on things if she felt a bit lost.
Lots of words, written in old English, that aren't similar to words we use today, are outlined well, and a translation given by the side.
This book is not though an alternative to the book; you need a copy of that too.
on 19 February 2012
Excellent delivery and service. The book is good as a good overview of the play but I find that whilst it has good pointers and ideas, it lacks an in depth view of issues at times.
on 19 March 2013
excellent. A step by step account and break down of characters, plots and themes. Helped every step of the way to provide easy understanding.
on 3 December 2010
My teacher recommended York notes to me because they are the best. But now when i begin to read through the book i find mistakes.I understand that everybody makes mistakes but these mistakes influence my GCSE results. I'm not saying don't buy this , I'm just saying read and revise with caution.!
on 2 February 2014
Bought this for myself, as well as my son, who is doing Romeo and Juliet for his English literature GCSE so that I would be able to help him if he needed me to and I could seem like a pro. I find Shakespeare heavy going and this book in conjunction with the book 'Romeo and Juliet in Plain and Simple English' were great. It's quick and easy to read and really helps gain a good understanding. He hasn't so far needed my help!