5.0 out of 5 stars book review
very helpful GCSE book - well set out and appropriate subject areas to be explored. Read alongside the full book it is a good resource in preparing for the final exam.
Published on 18 Oct 2012 by susan

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok...
My opinion is that I felt the reviews left me with my hopes too high, hence why I am disappointed...
The good points is the fact that this revision guide manages to covers all the main points like animal imagery, american dream, symbolism, structure - foreshadowing and the form as a 'Play Novelle'
However I didn't think this guide went into the kind of detail I...
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by L.Earith

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 18 Oct 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
However I didn't think this guide went into the kind of detail I was hoping for, infact the detail is quiet minimal for example some of the important quotes such as when Candy says:
'I should of shot that dog myself' the revision guide just explains Candy's loss and guilt - when infact my English teacher told us that the line STICKS to george because in the end George loves Lennie so much that he wants to be the one to shoot him and end Lennie's misery.

Therefore I think this guide is only to C/B detail, moreover this guide only states the bare basics of what you need to know, so I'd say that if you're looking for high quality work then only buy this guide to jot down references while in class, otherwise it in my opinion is a waste of money - because in the end this guide didn't teach you anything, furthermore, you find yourself back at square one relying on yourself to remember what quotes and elements of the novel mean.
In conclusion its OK depending on what grade and detail you are capable of putting into your work, but I think it would be better to listen in class jot notes, or if your really stuck then I suggest searching on the internet on websites like 'Spark Notes' / or buy another quide just not this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars great value study guide, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
The study guide came very quickly I ordered it for my son. He was pleased with the guide and found it very well laid out and easy reference for study

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent revision book, 21 Jun 2011
Susan Potter "suezy" (norfolk, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
I ordered this book for my 15 year old who was about to sit part of his english exam. He found it excellent and very easy to use. Would definately recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
My daughter needed this for her English GCSE, she thought it was really useful and helped her a lot. It is the version with the notes on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of mice and men: York Notes, 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
Good layout, easy to follow. Appropriate language level for GCSE. Very good outline of the story, the setting and the characters. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
Bought for my son, who has to studt the book for GCSE. It is good and will get you started, you will need to include more quotes etc to get an a*. The teacher asked him to take the notes into school where she looked through it and 'suggest6ed' to the class that it would be wise to buy a copy. That says it all I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Notes for GCSE - Of Mice and Men, 8 Oct 2012
S. Parish - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
These revision notes are just what you will need to begin writing your controlled assessment. Easy to follow, whether you are writing about themes, characters or plots. Would have liked more about Settings. Plenty of good points that you will be able to use in your essay with guides on how to get your A*. Definitely worth investing in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rcommendation for Mice and Men, 1 July 2011
J. A. Saxton-ward (West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
n excellent aide to all who are using this novel. This product is right on the ball when used for revision. My sgtudents have found it veery beneficial. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study guide, 5 Oct 2011
os - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE (Paperback)
I purchased this guide for my son, who is very pleased with it. The book represents excellent value: easy to use, well detailed and packed full of tips and insights, surely any student could gain from the use of this book for their GCSE studies. The bright breezy writing style and use of illustrations helps things along fantastically. Recommended.

Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE
Of Mice and Men: York Notes for GCSE by Dr Martin Stephen (Paperback - 2 July 2010)