Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 January 2012
I am sitting the GCSE AQA 2010 English Literature Course and this is one of the available options. I ordered this book as they are known to aid the reader through the analysis. I was a bit disappointed when I bought the book as it was quite basic. It seemed to be quite childish, focusing on aesthetics and colour as oppose to content. The book itself is good at aiding your revision and gives a general overview but not specific analysis. York Notes Advanced are much more appropriate as they are designed for A- level but are great, even for GCSE. Though there is not an advanced version for this book... so this will have to do!

Generally: 3 Stars(It'll do the job... just)
Aesthetics: Nice
Content: Fairly basic but good for a general overview.
on 10 May 2011
I brought this book for my 15 year old daughter who was studying an Inspector calls for her GCSE.

I am pleased to say she got an A*! SHE LOVED THE BOOK AND RECOMMENDS IT!

I am a happy mummy! Buy buy buy!
on 11 October 2011
This is an excellent buy for GCSE English students. Everything is clearly explained and is invaluable for writing essays on 'An Inspector Calls'.
on 20 June 2015
These revision guides are fantastic, they go into more detail than most enabling one to access better grades in an exam.
on 6 February 2015
Just what was needed thank you
on 30 June 2014
This book helps you understand the characters, plot and story of the book. Great for my sons English Lit exam.
on 25 October 2011
Bought for my grandson who has found them to be very helpful in squeezing the highest grades out of his English Lit. coursework.
on 15 August 2014
I'm studying an inspector calls for GCSE and I want to do as well as I can by getting extra resources. I'd looked at this book in book shops but didn't really want to pay £6 or one so when seeing your price I ordered it immediately. It came right on time and although you can see it has been used, I am more than happy with the price I paid.
on 8 May 2015
Gives detailed descriptions of themes and characters! It is very helpful, I have my gcse in a couple of days and I am just continuously reading it through! It gives you tips on controlled assessment work, not as much on the actual exam but good practise anyway. It also gives summarised plots. Brilliant to back up your own knowledge.
on 29 January 2015