4.0 out of 5 stars No answers!
I purchased this book for my son as additional material for self study at home. The book is printed nicely with lot of illustrations. The text is presented in an easy to read format.

Published on 27 Oct. 2009 by Raj

1.0 out of 5 stars enjoy the lone star rating
I have all three science books but no answer. To get the answers, I have to pay 660 pounds!, 220 pounds for each topic. Is this a joke Pearson? So for that reason, enjoy the lone star rating.
Published 3 months ago by Sreedhara Naidu

4.0 out of 5 stars No answers!, 27 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Longman Biology 11-14 (LONGMAN SCIENCE 11 TO 14) (Paperback)

There are several questions asked in each chapter, obviously to test the student's understanding of the topic, but no answers are provided in the book for these questions. If the child writes the answers, how can one validate the answers? The only way for the parent to validate the answers is to study the text along with the child.

It appears there is a supporting teachers CD ROM coming /available, which may contain clues for the answers, but that is priced very very high. We cannot afford to buy the CD ROM just to get the answers at more than 10 times the price of the text book.

If the school follows the text book, and the teacher is there to validate the answers, then this is a good book. In our case, my son is studying in scotland, where a different curriculum is being followed. I purchased this book (along with the other two science books in this series: Physics and Chemistry) as additional study material. Unfortunately, without answers in the text book, I am finding it very difficult to verify the answers written down by my son after reading the text. My other concern is that if the child writes a wrong answer and assumes it is right, and if this not corrected in time, the child will carry the wrong understanding of the concept.

For the high quality printing and presentation of the topics, I am giving four stars. If the publishers provide the answers to the questions at least in their website, then the book deserves 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars enjoy the lone star rating, 1 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 19 May 2013
i use this at my school and bought a copy really helpful and saved my back from breaking while bring from school. Really helpful study wise aswell

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 1 Mar. 2014
Siven (Bexleyheath, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
What can I say, It's a great book for 11+ kids and very good value for money. overall I really happy with this book

Longman Biology 11-14 (LONGMAN SCIENCE 11 TO 14)
Longman Biology 11-14 (LONGMAN SCIENCE 11 TO 14) by Mark Levesley (Paperback - 8 Sept. 2009)